PDA

View Full Version : clip-on cap on EGR valve, is it necessary?

derolph
04-18-2014, 10:33 AM
I removed the EGR valve on my Accord to do some cleaning. I removed the cap that clips on top of the valve to get it out of the way. I have replaced the valve but I can't figure out exactly how the clip-on cap is supposed to be mounted. Is it even necessary? I can't see any need for it, as far a functionality of the valve is concerned.

Oldblueaccord
04-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Dumb question is there a magnet under the sliver square top? I cant remember how there supposed to work.

derolph
04-19-2014, 06:19 AM
I have not seen a magnet. But, now that you've asked whether something was under that cap, I'm beginning to wonder whether something was under it and I've lost a piece without even being aware of it. This could explain why I can not figure out why I can't get it to securely snap back on the valve due to looseness. In other words, some missing part that belongs on the bottom side of that cap, between it and the top of the EBR valve, could act as a spacer and make the clips snugly hold the cap in place.

So, perhaps I should ask whether anyone knows whether another piece is supposed to go under the cap.

ghettogeddy
04-19-2014, 03:53 PM
614261436144 just sold the one off my 3g so I had some pics if it helps.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Oldblueaccord
04-20-2014, 06:21 AM
614261436144 just sold the one off my 3g so I had some pics if it helps.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah mine has 3 wires going to a black part under the silver clip deal. Im sticking with my electromagnet. Theory but i dont have any data to back it up.

derolph
04-20-2014, 12:01 PM
Yes, I also have the 3 wires so that must be normal. But, I see no other purpose for clip-on part other than to provide some protection to the wires and the top of the EGR valve. And, since I can no significant need for a protective cover on the EGR valve, I'm inclined to not worry about leaving that cover piece off.

To reiterate the reason for starting this topic, when I tried to attach the snap-on cover piece, it would not securely fit; it was loose. I had the clamps down under the rim of the lower, round part of the valve but the cover piece was still loose.