PDA

View Full Version : video in the car.

shepherd79
11-29-2002, 06:01 PM
ok,
i am thinking putting two video screen in my car next summer.
ok, and i have a question about them.
which brand name is good but still affordable?
What do you think about PYLE video screens?
and if you have video in your car post the pictures of it. i would like to see how you mounted them.
does anyone have DVD player in their car?
thanks.

89accordboi
11-30-2002, 11:10 AM
:barf:

dXsquared
11-30-2002, 11:14 AM
i know that a cheap monitor is like 100 bux... i know where to get them too. and i got a 12V DVD at walmart. it was 150 canadian bux... i can use it as 110 V too. ummm... www.rsversion.com
and search the net for others. i found a 7 inch folding for 220 once! just gotta look. when i end up puttin screens, im gonna have it on teh dash, 6 inch or so.

Travis

shepherd79
11-30-2002, 04:45 PM
well, i figured it is not sound so the quality shouldn't be a big problem. so i think i am gonna stick with Pyle. they are cheap and they look nice.
i am debating which screen to putt in the front. the one that comes out of stereo itself or the one that flips down.

PS: accordboi, i don't drink at all. well i used to, but not anymore.

89AccordNate
12-02-2002, 05:00 PM
Pyle screens are cheap, just like their price shows them to be. They are also not really slim from what I have seen. I had a 5.5" lcd monitor built into one of my visors, dont think this is an 'easy' job. A upholstry shop will have to custom make this for you. Our visors are not very accustomed to having a video screen in them. They have a cardboard piece in there that needs to be trimmed, and then having the monitor stay still is the next delimna. You have seen my newest roof mounted LCD install, IMO, its the only good way to mount an LCD in a 3gee.

Nate.

87hatch
12-04-2002, 10:09 AM
i got a 7inch sanyo lcd screen with ps2,you need a power converter and a fm modulear to pick up the sound threw your whole stereo,its not to hard to hook up but it does take some time!

toastyghost
12-04-2002, 10:26 AM
If you want to save a little cash, you could jimmy rig some shit using a TFT out of an old laptop. You would need to gut the laptop of its power supply and power wiring to the screen, and use a car 120V adapter to power it. You would then have to splice a VGA connector to the wiring between the video card and the screen, and use a video adapter to get your RCA or S-Video signal to the VGA cord. It would be a little more work than an out-of-the-box type deal but it would definitely cut down on the price.

shepherd79
12-04-2002, 03:22 PM
too much work. i just gonna get two screens and custom mount them.

toastyghost
12-05-2002, 09:15 PM
To each his own... sometimes I think I like tinkering with shit more than I like actually having shit that works. :)

Tim Yoak
12-08-2002, 09:47 PM
I will give you a good trick for overhead mounting if you have a dx. I put the controler for my cd changer overhead by taking the seatbelt warning indicator out of an lxi hatch, it mounts overhead, then I got a glass mount rearview mirror from a salvage yard, you can buy the mounting shoe for the glass at any auto parts store. Then I took the indicator assembly apart, did some cosmetic work on it, primarily filling in the indicator lenses with blackouts, and mounted it where the old rearview mirror used to mount. This gives you three tapped holes that are welded to the body. On this I mounted the changer control. It is within sight eaisily of the drivers seat, and easy to reach. This is an excellent place to mount your tv screen also. The glass mounted mirror also eliminates the tendency of the factory mirror to vibrate.

Neuspeed87lx
12-09-2002, 05:40 AM
i just got a tft 7inch lcd on ebay for 160