PDA

View Full Version : Killswitch

Zeboy
11-29-2002, 10:29 PM
My car has a sick alarm, but it is to g*d damn sensitive. It goes off insainly easy. Ther is a killswitch under thedash by the steering wheel. This thing as myuch as you flip it doesn't work. and I am tired of this alarm. It gets me so :mad:. Any suggestions on a another alarm or how to make my own killswitch?

dXsquared
11-29-2002, 10:44 PM
figure the wires out and put ur own switch in, or just get a whole new alarm... like a Viper or a good high end one!

Travis

THIS IS MY 999 post!!!

RobT5580
11-30-2002, 09:01 AM
The thing under the dash is most likely the valet switch which is used to program the alarm but it takes a sequence of turning the ignition on and off to access the program stage. You will need the manual to do that. Most likely you have a shock sensor which is usually mounted on the steering column and will sometimes have an adjustment on that. but depends on the type of alarm.

DBMaster
12-02-2002, 02:19 PM
A kill switch is easy to wire. I had a keylock type switch installed before I replaced the original ignition switch. I just cut the big white wire from the ignition switch. With a switch in that lead left in the open position you cannot get the starter to actuate.

If the switch is properly hidden it might make someone move on to another car if you're worried about the car itself being stolen.

It seems to me, though, that our cars are usually forcibly entered to steal something from them, like a stereo. In that case an alarm system is more of an actual deterrent. It might not stop a dedicated professional thief, but it would probably make an amateur move on to another car. Perhaps if I had one I would not have gotten a hole pried in my passenger door.

AccordEpicenter
12-02-2002, 05:07 PM
Ive heard any of the DEI alarms are decent, I had an avital once and it was ok, also and audiovox which sucked royally.

Zeboy
12-03-2002, 08:08 AM
I thank you for your help.