PDA

View Full Version : new engine ...

89LXIto91PreludeSI
11-30-2002, 05:26 AM
i live in eugene oregon

does anyone know if there is a place in oregon, or anywhere in the NW for that matter, that has good deals on a engine for my 91 prelude ? im looking for somthin that may come with a warranty. so far all junk yards around that has any engines, wont gimme even a 3 month gaurantty.

keep in mind im not to machanicaly inclined. i have a few friends that work on sprint cars and whatnot, that can help me with a swap if i need to.

also if anyone has an engine that would fit in here and is looking to get rid of it, id be willing to give my dead ( and i only say dead cause i consider it only a parts car, its been wrecked twice, and needs new alternator, radiator, brakes and some fender work- hehe like i said dead, but the interior, motor, tranny, and all stuff inside are perffect.) to ya.

i dont have anything to do with it, and its just sittign oout on the street by my apartment complex. and ill probably give it to the junkyard in a few weeks cause i need to get rid of it.

anyways. any info about where to get an engine is greatly appreciated. thnx

merlindavis
11-30-2002, 06:25 AM
north pacific engines in auburn, WA can hook you up with a JDM B20A (for a 3g lude, of course) for about $650... they can install it for ya too, but that may cost you a bit more than you're willing to pay, it cost me way too much to have them install it... btw, you should get a 12 month/12k mile warranty on the engine, definately if they install it... should take them bout a week to get it done... i'll find ya tha number, it's somewhere around my house...

89LXIto91PreludeSI
11-30-2002, 08:05 AM
cool, thnx for the info. btw, i forgot to say what my * dead * car is , its a 89 accord lxi, 5spd, and 149k on it.

89AccordHatch
11-30-2002, 11:51 PM
any chance youd be willing to part out that lxi?