PDA

View Full Version : teg trans swap

2old_honda
11-30-2002, 07:55 PM
my transmission is shot, and I would really like to do this swap but it just looks too complicated. It seems like it would take me a really long time to this. Is it really as difficult as it seems? Anyone want to do it for me?:tongue:

PhydeauX
11-30-2002, 11:34 PM
Its not any harder then rebuilding a transmission. Just swap the integra bell houseing for an accord one. How difficult it is depends on your abilities. I didn't think it was that hard (other then the complications of useing a prelude transmission).

andy

2old_honda
12-01-2002, 02:15 PM
do you need to dissemble the entire thing? (take all of the individual gears off?)

PhydeauX
12-02-2002, 08:13 AM
No, you can leave the shafts together. You'll have to take 5th gear off to get the case apart but thats about it. The haynes manual actually has a very good section on how to disassemble the tranny and I did write a faq on how to do the teg conversion. I assume its still over in the faq section.

andy

2old_honda
12-02-2002, 10:29 AM
Okay, If I can leave the shafts together I think that I could do it. I was looking at a manual where they were removing the gears from the shafts and that seemed too complicated.
Thank you for your help! :)

PhydeauX
12-02-2002, 12:07 PM
Takeing the gears of the shafts isnt that bad, just remember which way goes up and where the spacers went. Note, remember which way was up and don't mix up the spacers on 5th gear which you have to remove. If you have the haynes manual infront of you you shouldn't have much problems.

andy