PDA

View Full Version : radio has mind of its own

Cobraman15
11-30-2002, 10:34 PM
when i had my stock radio in i noticed that sometime when i would go out to my car and find the radio playing without the key in the ignition. So i put a new system in and it still does it but now i turn off the cd player b4 i turn off the car so it doesn't kill its battery. Though the battery has not ever been drained The stereo playing with out keys has happend a couple times and probably has happened more but ive only caught it a couple times. I dont worry about it too much but i was just wondering if anyone has an idea as to why it does this?

shepherd79
12-01-2002, 09:43 AM
there is a wire that connected to the ignition wire. in your situation the wire from deck is not connected to that wire. it is connected straight to the battery. you may want to rewire the hole thing.
here is the link for the wiring.
http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.pdf

it is PDF, so it will take a while if you have dial up connection.

Cobraman15
12-01-2002, 02:32 PM
thanx alot the help is much appreciated.

Bobs89LXi
12-01-2002, 04:00 PM
There is another inherent problem with the older Hondas. It is the ACC switch in the ignition has a tendency to die. It can go two ways, either the ACC position doesn't work at all or it is on all of the time. If you find that your wiring is correct, check that next.

shepherd79
12-01-2002, 06:19 PM
wow, i didn't know that. Thanks Bob.

Cobraman15
12-04-2002, 09:41 PM
Bob would the faulty ACC ignition switch also have something to do with why my car sometime wont start in park? Its starts fine in neutral but its weird because it happens so intermittenly.

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
12-04-2002, 11:56 PM
yea mine does the same thing i got a pioneer cd player an it will play even though cars turned off an keys out i have to press the off button on the cd player to make it turn off.