So, finally got everything put back together and it started right away. Good news. The rest, well....
1. I have a cylinder not firing. Leaving that till I get the rest fixed. I pull wire from distributor and no change on 2. Plug out shows spark. I replaced plugs last time in 04 and about 50K miles ago.
2. Started and after warm, idle stays at 2200 or higher. No adjustments make a difference. Guessing Vacuum.
3. Braided fuel line is leaking where it attaches to carb.
4 Braided line from canister to back of carb seems to already have been repaired. Why in the world does that need to be braided?
1. The check valve just before throttle diaphragm broke. I am using generic, it doesn't show in my shop manual, is it needed?
2. From above, the braided line from coal canister to carb is probably part original, Can I go to a more pliable part of cable and splice it. Does it have to be braided?
3. What other vacuum mistakes could I have made? I took pictures, Everything not connected to air cleaner is back!
4. Before I got rebuilt carb, I did a pretty extensive vacuum test...