Thread: Newbee Pics here

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI

Newbee Pics here

Hello, I have been visiting this site for info since about June, and finally decided to snap a fiew pics of the 3g for everyone to see.

I really need to break out the buffer and give the paint and wheels a good shine. But as you can see in the background, It is still the snowy season here in idaho.

As far as history of the car goes........ my wife bought it in 92' with 60,000 miles. In 95' she got rear-ended by a dodge truck and pushed into the ford truck in front of her. It just so happened that a friend of mine had an 86' accord that was almost an IDENTICAL matching car that he blew the motor and tranny in, at about the same time. So I bought his car for $300 and put the bumpers, hood, lights, left fender, trunk lid, and tail lights from his car on mine. I then put on an aluminum set of wheels (fairly cheap set), and gave the car a shiny new coat of paint. The paint is PPG base/clear in the origional color. I then added a bit of purple pearl to the clear just to give it a slight sparkle. I also did custom emblems, and matching pinstripe. The motor and trany are still origional, and as it sits right now, the odomoter turned 270,000 miles yesterday!

Hope you like the pics. I hope the weather clears up soon so that I can take some good pics and start a cardomain site.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...elected=549194

For those of you who cant see the photos, try my new cardomain site.

http://members.cardomain.com/guardrail
    Last edited by paynt3r; 02-09-2004 at 09:31 AM.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    nice looking car. I really like that color.
    -- Caleb --
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    95 Skivic
    Nice, I like the rims too.. kind of fit the 3g

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI
    Thanks, I was trying to go for a slight custom look, but not draw too much attention to myself. I have also done the stereo system too. Pioneer middle-of-the-road deck, 6" Rockford fosgate woofers in the back (kind of small but sits in the stock speaker deck location and sounds good), and 2 way Rockford Fosgate Speakers in the front doors (behind the stock covers). It doesn't seem like much, but it will make the car shake when I want it to. With too young children, I really don't want to damage their ears, they can do that themselves when they become teenagers . My big thing, is that i didn't want a totally tricked out car, and there was no way I could keep it totally stock. So I am pretty happy with my middle-of-the-road custom car. I think the fact that I have been driving it this way for the last 8 years goes to show it too. :cool2:

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    hey i had those rims before lol

your car looks sweet man i also love the color on it! keep us updated with more pics when u get em

Vehicle
    71 ford pinto
    were those pics taken off emerald? that spot looks familiar anywayz, nice car... i like the color as well... drop me a line sometime

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    I can't seem to zoom in the pics for some reason. I click the thumbnail and get a red x. Can someone post 'em up?
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LXi, Coupe & Sedan

Turned out to be a sweet deal all around.

Yeah, I bought mine in 94 and never planned to keep, it just turned out that way. Just can't seem to part with such a reliable ride. Its real good to hear you have 270,000. I always bost about if I had to the minute run to Alaska today I'd take the Accord.
    Now its turned into how long can I keep it. My neighbor offered me $3500 because he knows how well I maintain the ride. I keep telling him it would cost $8000 to find one as reliable.
    Have a few mods that I will be making this summer, but nothing to loud.
    But anyway welcome and the ride looks good.
    Phil

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDX89
    I can't seem to zoom in the pics for some reason. I click the thumbnail and get a red x. Can someone post 'em up?

I like the rims, what are they?
    ------------------

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI 5speed
    looks good man, keep up the good work!
    http://www.myspace.com/3364524

b20accord SN on honda-tech,homemadeturbo,clubcivic,turbod16, and many more

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    I don't know what the dealy is. I can't see the facking pics. I'm now irritated.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    2000 VW
    Welcome, fellow Idahoan!!! Drop me and 88lxi a pm sometime. I think I was driving next to you on Eagle Road about 3 months ago!

Vehicle
    Black 1989 LX-I Coupe and 2000 EX V6 coupe
    thats the same color as my first car..... those were the days
    Check my cardomain for sale items! Cardomain

Vehicle
    89 Accord Sedan LX, 91 ED-7, 2007 Accord EXL
    i like it. IMO i just can't stand the 86-87 corner lights. heh too much amber for my taste.
    1989 Accord: Back to Stock
    2007 Accord: Stock
    1991 Civic SI: bunch of stuff done.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI
    Yea, the pics were taken at the old Micron showroom off of emerald, just a few buildings down from where I work. The wheels are just an old set of American Racing wheels (I think 16" if I remember right). Let me tell you, they are showing the wear of being 7 years old. I really need to break out the buffer and polish them up.

My hopes of polishing up the car and takeing good pics to start a cardomain site got dashed when I woke up Saturday moring to 4" of fresh snow on the car. And out where I live that makes it a muuuuddddyyy mess!

As far as future mods, I really like the zenon body kits, I just dont know if it would work for me, I kind of live out in BFE! So, I might try and go back to a set of origional 89 bumpers. They just look better than the 86' IMHO. I would also like to add the stock 90' Prelude fin. I think that would give it just the right mild custom look. I am also planning to mod the tails. I am going to leave the corners the way they are, but I am going to take the center lights out and make a custom piece that takes their place. It will have a set of oval driving lights wired into my reverse light switch. I hate not being able to see behind me when backing at night. I will make sure and send pics when they are done. But right now most all my time and energy are going into working on my motorcycles, getting them ready for spring!

To those who can't see the pics, sorry, I will try and get a cardomain site up as soon as possible.
    Last edited by paynt3r; 02-09-2004 at 10:24 AM.

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i coupe 5sp.
    nice man, clean car.
    -Brian
    -"lifes a bitch,i swear to god, you take your chances, too many questions and not enuogh answers!"-nappy roots

My Accord

Vehicle
    93 civic
    love the color. I personaly think the all color with that color blue looks awkward, but then again, i've been looking at my same color blue one with black molding for 15 years now. Great to see a 3gee restored.