Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: Oem fog lights

  1. #26
    DX User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Vehicle
    1989 accord lx-i
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    52

    Re: Oem fog lights

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Barker View Post
    Just to clarify, you DO NOT need to remove the bumper(on an '89), to do the install.
    my brackets actually say "86 L" and "86 R" so I'm sure they're not for my 89. i curious as to how the 88-89 mounts go in. i just got back from the junkyard and every 3rd gen didn't have the mounts. so ill just have to keep looking.



  2. #27

    Dr_Snooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    9,275

    Re: Oem fog lights

    Are you sure you can't just do some bending with a bench vise and a 5# sledge to make them work?
    Dr_Snooz

    "I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis


    1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 215k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

    Can't see my car? Install the "photobucket embed fix" Add-On in your Firefox browser.

    Shop manual downloads available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vtyhl48z5...udl0xk_Oa?dl=0

  3. #28
    3Geez Veteran lostforawhile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar
    Location
    nowhere GA
    Posts
    15,401

    Re: Oem fog lights

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    Are you sure you can't just do some bending with a bench vise and a 5# sledge to make them work?
    I was looking at the pictures and they mount a totally different way for the 86 VS the 89, one mounts on top of the mount,one behind it, thats a good three inch difference at least

  4. #29
    DX User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Vehicle
    1989 accord lx-i
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    52

    Re: Oem fog lights

    Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    I was looking at the pictures and they mount a totally different way for the 86 VS the 89, one mounts on top of the mount,one behind it, thats a good three inch difference at least
    I was going to see if I could find something to extend the thread a good couple inches lol that's all I can think of I only need about 2 inches to connect the back of the fog to the mount

  5. #30
    SEi User obdriver6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,396

    Re: Oem fog lights

    I have a partial harness for the fogs if you still want pics but I have to find it first.


    1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

  6. #31

    Hash_man_Se_i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2001 Camry XLE
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: Oem fog lights

    I don;t want to start a new thread as this thread seems to be on the same topic, wondering if anyone can give me some insight on what I am doing wrong as I feel stumped. Given I have probably taken far too many allergy and sinus pills today so my mind may not be working right, but this just seems stupid. I mounted my fog light brackets up to the bumper mounts which seem to fit quite well. However when I go to put the bumper on they appear to sit too high and the bumper won't slide into place. I tried mounting them behind said bracket as someone mentioned in here, but they don't seem to line up properly when doing so. Any insight would be great. Here is where I am at right now... and for the record I feel stupid for not being able to figure this out, but it just wont work...




  7. #32
    3Geez Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Vehicle
    W123 1982 240D
    Posts
    4,317

    Re: Oem fog lights

    People need to pay more attention when removing parts such as these. lol

  8. #33
    3Geez Veteran ghettogeddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch
    Location
    Antioch CA
    Posts
    9,591

    Re: Oem fog lights

    Allot of the time they are not the onrs that removed them.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  9. #34

    Hash_man_Se_i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2001 Camry XLE
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: Oem fog lights

    Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy View Post
    Allot of the time they are not the onrs that removed them.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Precisely... These were pulled off a car in New Zealand, then shipped to me...

  10. #35

    carotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    Location
    Montreal South Shore
    Posts
    9,950

    Re: Oem fog lights

    You need to cut your bumper metal reinforcement. The JDM cars had basically no reinforcement compared to our North American Version. This is what I had to do on my car to fit the OEM JDM fog lights.

    Also, I found out a couple of minutes ago that the OEM Acura Legend 1991-1995 fog lights are the same as our JDM version. They're just clear instead of yellow.

  11. #36

    Hash_man_Se_i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2001 Camry XLE
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: Oem fog lights

    Quote Originally Posted by carotman View Post
    You need to cut your bumper metal reinforcement. The JDM cars had basically no reinforcement compared to our North American Version. This is what I had to do on my car to fit the OEM JDM fog lights.

    Also, I found out a couple of minutes ago that the OEM Acura Legend 1991-1995 fog lights are the same as our JDM version. They're just clear instead of yellow.
    Thank you for the info Carot! it is much appreciated. I thought that might be the case, but wanted to hear from someone who had done this before I went and cut up my bumper.

  12. #37

    AccordB20A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si
    Location
    Stratford, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,407

    Re: Oem fog lights

    i put the brackets on like you have in your pics, then the bumper back on and bolted up. and while the indicator lenses are still out install the foglight thru the hole and bolt it to the bracket. align it tighten it and done

    mine sit pretty much perfect.

    http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps27b837a8.jpg

  13. #38

    Hash_man_Se_i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2001 Camry XLE
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: Oem fog lights

    Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    i put the brackets on like you have in your pics, then the bumper back on and bolted up. and while the indicator lenses are still out install the foglight thru the hole and bolt it to the bracket. align it tighten it and done

    mine sit pretty much perfect.

    http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps27b837a8.jpg

    Yea, I will need to trim this part of the bumper like Carot said though, if you didn't have to then NZ must have the same bumpers as Japan/Europe.


  14. #39

    AccordB20A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si
    Location
    Stratford, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,407

    Re: Oem fog lights

    yeah my cars a jap import so we dont have railway lines to re-enfoce the bumpers

  15. #40
    3Geez Veteran A18A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,068

    Re: Oem fog lights

    must be why all of our bumpers are warped, and none of theirs are

  16. #41

    Hash_man_Se_i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2001 Camry XLE
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: Oem fog lights

    Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    yeah my cars a jap import so we dont have railway lines to re-enfoce the bumpers
    Lol... Railway lines hey? One of you guys should take a picture of the back side of a NZ spec bumper when you get a chance, I am curious.

  17. #42

    AccordB20A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si
    Location
    Stratford, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,407

    Re: Oem fog lights

    yeah theres not much to them, probably why none of them ever line up straight over here

  18. #43
    DX User mint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Vehicle
    (2) 1989 accords lxi
    Posts
    71

    Re: Oem fog lights

    hello all



    I know this qustion has been asked time and again. I picked up some auto Si fogs from local junk yard. ( Prelude SI)I have most of the wiring harness, but its not complete. it includes connections to lights, the relay, ground wire and three groups of leads. one set has two wires: yellow/green and red blue. I think these are the switch leads. the two others groups coming of the harness have 3 leads each. red/white, red/greem and red/blue. they are the same colors for both of these groups. I also have a oem accord switch with the foglight emblem and red dot botton. on back are three contacts one clearly marked ground. back to the harness. I dont know were the three lead groups should go or how to wire them for my 89 honda lxi,

    Pease help.

    Attachment 6465
    Attachment 6468
    Attachment 6466
    Attachment 6467

  19. #44
    3Geez Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Vehicle
    W123 1982 240D
    Posts
    4,317

    Re: Oem fog lights

    ^ #doublepost

  20. #45
    3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX
    Location
    Tehachapi Ca
    Posts
    13,104

    Re: Oem fog lights

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    Well, the OE switch doesn't light. At all. No bulb. So you can save yourself that trouble. The relay mounts on top of the DS shock tower and the ground screw is next to the radiator on the DS kinda toward the top. The wires are wrapped in some kind of black plastic that resembles shrink wrap that hasn't been shrunk. Here's a pic of my engine bay so you can see where the relay mounts.
    .
    strange. the orange Dot on all 4 of my oem fog switchs lit up O.o

    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

  21. #46
    DX User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Vehicle
    Honda Accord Aerodeck 1987 2.0 CA5 A20A4
    Location
    Glasgow (UK) / Poland
    Posts
    5

    Re: Oem fog lights

    Quote Originally Posted by Hash_man_Se_i View Post
    I don;t want to start a new thread as this thread seems to be on the same topic, wondering if anyone can give me some insight on what I am doing wrong as I feel stumped. Given I have probably taken far too many allergy and sinus pills today so my mind may not be working right, but this just seems stupid. I mounted my fog light brackets up to the bumper mounts which seem to fit quite well. However when I go to put the bumper on they appear to sit too high and the bumper won't slide into place. I tried mounting them behind said bracket as someone mentioned in here, but they don't seem to line up properly when doing so. Any insight would be great. Here is where I am at right now... and for the record I feel stupid for not being able to figure this out, but it just wont work...



    Hi,

    Would you have dimensions for this bracket by any chance? I want to fabricate mine. Especially distance between the two mounting holes as they are not lined up - just need to know what is the off set. Dimensions of the 'up' and 'forward' arms would be good as well.

    Cheers,
    Tom

  22. #47
    DX User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Vehicle
    BMW
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4

    Re: Oem fog lights

    I clarifies the advantages of front mist lights, the parkway code expresses that you should utilize headlights when imperceptibility is truly lessened, you may likewise utilize front or back haze lights yet you should turn them off when imperceptibility progresses...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 11:37 AM
  2. tinted trunk lights w/ clear/red tail lights
    By paso100 in forum Interior & Exterior Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-07-2006, 10:06 AM
  3. Bumper lights as running lights?
    By 86ACRDLX in forum Classic Honda Community Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 09:13 PM
  4. anyones brake lights also turn on your dash lights?
    By Micah 89LXi in forum 3geez Accords
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 01:31 AM
  5. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-16-2004, 04:03 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
VigLink badge