Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd & 3rd GEN ACCORD WEBER 32/36 & 38 HELP

Vehicle
    Weber'd LX
    Sweet man. Congrats. Did you end up plugging that spot on the manifold?
    Accord has been replaced with a 2004 Solara SE Sport with 3.3 VVT-i V6...man does that car move...

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB
    Yup, found some type of screw that fit nice and tight in that hole.
    Carl

get a junkyard 88-89 LXi motor if possible or hell you may be able to pick up a whole 3rd gen that's crashed for like $500 or less. Trust me, shit starts to add up. I bought a reman head because my cumbustion chamber was cracked and I ruined the head gasket twice because a screw fell in the manifold and the motor sucked it in when I started it up.
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

oh I forgot the brake booster yyou don't have to worry about because it doesn't plug into the carb, it plugs into the manifold so unless you swapped your manifold it should be still connected.
    Eric
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB
    Originally posted by POS carb
    get a junkyard 88-89 LXi motor if possible or hell you may be able to pick up a whole 3rd gen that's crashed for like $500 or less. Trust me, shit starts to add up. I bought a reman head because my cumbustion chamber was cracked and I ruined the head gasket twice because a screw fell in the manifold and the motor sucked it in when I started it up.
    Thanks, Phydeaux recommended the same thing but at the time I looking at 3 EFI motor, wasn't thinking because none of them came with a distributor,then I read a later post that said i could just install mine instead. Oh well...I keep that in mind for a future project.
    Carl

spray where the manifold meets the head, I had a funny stumbly idle and it turned out to be the gasket by the #1 cylinder
    Eric

Vehicle
    Weber'd LX
    I'm not leaking vaccuum at all. Checked with Carb cleaner last week.
    Accord has been replaced with a 2004 Solara SE Sport with 3.3 VVT-i V6...man does that car move...

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    Low stoich isn't bad when cruiseing, as long as it doesn't ping. You'll need a bigger pump jet to stop it from bogging when you hit the gas.

andy

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord

How to Weber?

Does anyone have a HOW TO install a Weber carb? I'd like to see how tough it is.
    Has anyone put NOS with a weber carb? Is it OK to add the webes + 50 shot NOS on a STOCK motor? I don't want to do any damage...
    CoAsTeR

88' Honda Accord LX
    www.coastersride.cjb.net
    Visit my website for pics and how-to's

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB

We need...

Pics of Accords with weber carbs installed, besides Phydeaux, I don't think anyone else who has a weber has pics of their engine bay, like a before and after pics.
    I should get pics up once I get a hold of a camera. Do other members who made this conversion agree?

I want to see what other Accords with the weber in the engine bay look like, kinda curious.

Maybe this isn't the right the forum to post this, but I just had to do it somewhere.
    Carl

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB
    The weber carb is simple to mount since you only need to hook up one vacuum line from the distributor advance diaphragm and leave the brake booster hooked up. Everything else from the stock carb and manifold gets plugged. You still need to hook up the electric choke (if U get the weber one with that). U can use the stock carb to measure the distance from the throttle shaft and the linkage, and use that same measurement on the weber linkage.
    Phydeaux had came up with a formula in which U can use the travel of the throttle cable(From the pedal up to the pedal down) that U can use instead to plot where to put the linkage on the weber). If I can find it and with his permission I'll post it.

Now tuning it is another matter, I needed some help on that one with a friend of mine who knew how to tune carbs, cuz they are tempermental
    The performance and sound are incredible, especially coming from an Accord.
    Carl

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB
    Those of you that converted, did you change the type of oil you were using?
    Someone suggested I go with like 20w 50 instead of 10w30. Any suggestions?
    Carl

DX User
    Vehicle
    88 Accord (Weber Carb)
    You can run nitrous with a Weber. There is an Australian company (http://www.ozrace.com) that sells a kit for the weber DGV. It's a 50 shot. Shipping the kit to the US costs 91 dollars.. but the kit is pretty cheap.

Vehicle
    I still use 10w30 in mine, the weber wont effect what oil you need.

andy

Vehicle
    Probably would be a good choice. I can't remeber what I have in mine, I think its a 55 and I lean out a little bit when I floor it at low rps. I just don't floor it at low rps, I have the 5speed though so I can just down shift and bring the revs up first. Give at a shot, just be for warned that the pump jet is like $15 or something like that for what looks like a little aluminum watering can. Its not always worth it to change it unless its really bad.

andy

Vehicle
    Did you check them before you put the weber on of have they been like that for a while. Get a new set of denso or ngk coper plugs, don't waste your money on anything else, they're good and cheap. Keep an eye on them for a while and see how things go. A broken ceremic around the electrode can be a sign of leaning out bad. I dunno how the part where the wire got bent, did you bang it with anything while working on the motor, nothing wrong with the motor could cause that.

andy

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord EX (B20A)
    Yeah it uses the same plate. The performance of the stock carb is pale in comparison. I had a 38 rachet type weber and I can tell you that engine performed pretty well with it. On the down side, the increase in performance causes a lot more gas to be used so brace yourself.

accordsi
    1988HondaAccord | JDMB20A | JDM-CTRPistons | 11:1CompressionRatio | 7400MSDChip | 280/280CrowerCams | DualWeber45DCOE | Port&PolishedHead | OBXCamGears | OBXUnderdrivePulley | CustomOilCatch | CustomColdAir | K&NFilter | HolleyFuelPressureRegulator | CraneCamsXR700 | MSD6AL | MSDBlasterSSCoil(E-Core) | MSDSuperConductorPlugWires | ACTHeavyDutyClutch | ACT6PuckCopperDisc | JDMPreludeTypeSHeader | 63mmCustomFitExhaust | TanabeHyperMedallion | GroundControlCoilOvers | KoniAdjustableShocks | PreludeVtecBrakeUpgrade | SpecialtyProductsCamberKit | 15"MugenRnRWheels(10.5lbs) | 195/55BridgestoneGridIITires | AutometerDualGaugePod | AutometerAir/FuelGauge | VDOVacuumGauge | VDOFuelPressureGauge(inline)

Vehicle
    Don't hurt the poor weber. The isn't really anything to be gained from doing that. If you want to get crazy like that TWM makes a velocity stack for the dgv. You can go right to the catalog by clicking here. Its pricy though, retails fo $250, unless your in an all out competive race class where 1/10ths of a second count its not worth it. I'd just leave it as is, you already have the choke removed so there isn't much you can do to make it flow better. Putting a rounded lip around the outside will help, but its not going to make any sort of noticable gain.

andy
    Last edited by PhydeauX; 05-27-2002 at 09:33 PM.

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    when i first read the topic ( hacking weber )

i said to my self ! stop hurting the car MIKE ! :p

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

DX User

Weber questions

This for all the people who have weber's. Im about to get a weber but i dont know if its worth it? Does it sound the same as a flipped lid? If not is it better or worse. Also does it increase performace. Also i need to know where i could order one.

Vehicle
    I think it sounds great, nothing sounts like a good carb at full throttle. I haven't a clue what a gen3 with a fliped lid sounds like though. The weber has a nice throaty growl to it, and its a good performance gain.

andy

mike did you ever take pics of the adapter you made?
    Eric

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    how much does the weber approx cost ?

thnx

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    Any dyno available on the Weber? I'm still holding out for B20A swap but am still curious about carb options...
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB
    Get the weber, it is definitely worth it. It gives the car some great pull especially if you have other mods on the car.

The cost can range from 350 to 399 depending on where you go to. Mine cost in the 399 range cuz I bought mine from a local speed shop.
    Carl