Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd & 3rd GEN ACCORD WEBER 32/36 & 38 HELP

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord

Weber carb how to...

Where can I find a how to? I also need to know the EXACT model/spec of the complete kit (carb/mounting kit) so I can get one ordered from the local performance shop. I'd rather buy it from somewhere local so if I have problems I can kick some ass I'm up in Ontario....

I have an 88' accord LX, stock. Slappin' a weber carb on.

Thanks for the time guys, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I didn't see it while I was searching the old posts...
    CoAsTeR

88' Honda Accord LX
    www.coastersride.cjb.net
    Visit my website for pics and how-to's

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord
    What is 32/36 DGEV that stand for? I've seen it mentioned that I should look for a 38/38? What are the numbers I'm lookin' for? I want to get as much performance out of this as I can without killin' my motor.

BTW, is there cold weather driveability concerns with a weber? Up here in canada can get flippin' cold!
    CoAsTeR

88' Honda Accord LX
    www.coastersride.cjb.net
    Visit my website for pics and how-to's

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    I don't think there is a how to, its not that hard though. Take of the old carb, vacuume crap, solenoids, ect. Bolt the adapter plate on, bolt the carb on, and hook up all the linkages. Then hook the vacumme line for the advance up, plug off all the other vacuume lines, and your set. Thats what I remember off hand anyway.

I don't really know what the entire name stands for, weber is an italian company and they couild stand for something in italian for all I know. 32/36 is the size of the bores in mm. The primary is 32mm and the secondary is 36mm. There are other versions of the DGV with diferent size bores. The E means it has an electric choke, there is also an A which has a coolant operated choke. If its just DGV then it has a manual choke.

The 38/38 DGS has larger 38mm bores and is synchronous opening, opposed to the DGV which the secondary bore doesn't start to open untill 2/3 throttle. The DGS also has the E and A vesions. The DGV is a good choice for a street car. Its has a pleasant manner, is good on gas and is easy to tune, but when you stop on it and open up that secondary bore it comes to life. I have personaly never used a DGS so I can't really say how well it would react. Its not going to have that big boost when its floored like the DGV, intead it has a smooth power curve through out the throttle travel. An advantage you get with the DGV is you can run it on the lean side in the primary bore to get good gas milage and then run the seconday rich for full on power when you floor it. The DGS has a larger flow and is going to be more happy on a higher reving engine thats been modified with some cams. Either carb can be used on the stock engine. The DGV is great, you'll definitely fell the gain. Wether the DGS is more of a gain on a stock motor then a DGV I can't answer. Your best bet is to probably just buy the conversion kit, esp if this is your first time. It comes pretuned for your motor (not perfectly, but its close enough to get it running good) with all the necessary hardware you'll need to make the carb fit and instruction (not the best, but if you have a clue on what your doing they'll get you through). As for performance in cold weather, it doesn't often get below the 20's here. When the carb was on my stock 83 it had no troubles in the winter, on my 85 it wasn't that happy untill the car har warmed up. That could also be atributed to the fact that I have eliminated the manifold heater and the cam doesn't help it idle any better.

andy

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    thnx man !

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB
    Aren't you going to damage the top of the carb with it hitting the hood?
    Carl

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 LX Action
    can you use a cold air intake with a carb? i know people make custom intakes to suck in more air, but will the cold air not freeze the carb? there hard enough to start as is.
    real 3geez http://www.3g-generation.com

i sold the honda. now working on a car with little bit more potential, an 88 supra. i still stop by occasionally.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Dx
    WHAT? i dunno whats wrong with your carb dude but mine starts right up like it were Fi....CLEAN THAT CARB... GET NEW AIR FILTER An SHIT!

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 LX Action
    so you can make a CAI? my carb does start fine, except in the cold, hence the misunderstanding about cold air going directly into it.
    real 3geez http://www.3g-generation.com

i sold the honda. now working on a car with little bit more potential, an 88 supra. i still stop by occasionally.

Vehicle
    1995 Dodge Avenger
    A20A1 is in hawaii.... I'm not sure carb-freezing is going to be a problem for him unless he lives at really high altitudes....
    -Tim
    -------------
    You sold me queer giraffes. I want my money back.

What the hell is your scoop for? Use it!!! :p
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

DX User
    Vehicle
    1983 Honda Accord

Weber Carb for 1983 accord

I am considering fitting a weber or some other Carby to the EL engine in my 1983 Honda accord to improve performance, Is this difficult to do and how much more power can be derived from this mod. What else can I do keeping the original engine to get more power?

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    Thats about the only thing you can do to the motor. I had one on my 83 with an EK and it was a welcome improvement. I never dynoed nor ran the car at the track so I have no idea what kinda power it was making, but I did manage to out run a 1st gen maxima with it.

andy

a 34/36 progressive should work nice on the 1.8 (?) motor
    Eric
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

DX User
    Vehicle
    1983 Honda Accord

No it is the 1.6 EL engine.

even better
    Eric

DX User
    Vehicle
    88 Accord lx and 86 CRX HF

Question ? for all Weber owners

Question for the prople who have a weber carb.. Do u have to disable the EGR valve to install it? I know there is a hose in there that connects to the stock carb. Also, how would u install a weber in a auto tranny situation?
    Thank you.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    The auto tranny needs and extra cable to go from the carb to the trans so it can rigister the Throttle Value or "TV" for short.

Basically the more you press the gas the higher the TV and the higer the TV the higer the shift point is... shift point is also refered to Kick Down... basically its the point/rpm where the trans will shift to the next the gear.

the egr is disable upon installing the weber, but you may be able to hook it up again.
    - llia

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    any diff. in performance?
    i guess it would be stupid to do this to the stock carb.
    Alex.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB
    Yeah, come to think of it, the flow in that plate could be better. Guess I'll have to ask around and see if I can get some one to port mine a little bigger.
    Carl

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    hey A20A1 have you thought about swaping 5 speed?
    it would give you a little better acceleration that auto.
    Alex.

got any pics
    Eric

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Dx

Webber Question

Does anyone have a dyno chart on a stock and webber car.. id really like to see the diff. in hps and i want to know the gain..i wanna know the diff between stock and one with a webber cause i dont want to blow my gasket or whatever the word is... MY ENGINE THERE HAPPY....

LX User
    Vehicle
    86 VW JEtta
    Hmmm, I would like to see the difference as well some one help us
    I use to drive rice...and I loved it, now I drive Kraut, and I know just how lost I use to be.

LX User
    Vehicle
    86 VW JEtta
    What does a webber go for?
    I use to drive rice...and I loved it, now I drive Kraut, and I know just how lost I use to be.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB
    I'm looking for a place to dyno my car, but haven't had any luck yet.
    Carl