Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd & 3rd GEN ACCORD WEBER 32/36 & 38 HELP

you can probably get the kit (air cleaner, manifold adapter, carb, etc) for $300-350
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

LX User

Weber ?'s

my weber is on the way via ups, and i just had a few questions for those who run one. ARe there any idling problems? Will the engine still be a s reliable or is it more prone to breaking down, basically i just want to know of the reliablity end of the carb. thanx
    Aka mugenaccord from the ole ole ole board
    Pheonix Red CA6 -- Sold
    Grey ED6 -- current project

Vehicle
    1989 LXI Coupe Kswap, 1989 LXI Bswap

i need a good upgrade carb fast!!!!

my car is about to hit the road soon and i am upgrading the exhaust system to an all pacesetter system. my thermostat housing go messed up and the only way i can see to get it off is to take the head off. i want to change the headgasket cuz the car did over heat a few times. anyways once i take the complete exhaust system off the head is comming off, is it esier to take the car off with the head? if i am pulling the carb off i minds well replace it/upgrade. the carb war ran alont time with no filter and it has a lot os dust in it from sitting in the shop for 9 months. pluse when i try to run the car it dosent want to idle so i just decided to upgrade the carb. any1 have any suggestions on what carb to get? i wanted a side draft but i really dont want to spen so much money. i was thinknig about checking ebay but i know nothing about carbs, what type should i be looking for?
    Style Quality Uniqueness And Design
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

http://www.facebook.com/squadengineering

Vehicle
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

Vehicle
    this guy has a lot of carbs, any good, on that first link if there any good lets do a group buy, heres the second link http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-c...serid=alfa1750
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

Vehicle
    Twin Weber DCOE Powered 88 Honda Accord LX
    The DHLAs are Dellorto's answer to Weber DCOEs (like PhydeauX put on his car, search for his postings). The DHLAs supposedly perform as well as the DCOEs, but are more difficult to find parts for. The DHLAs accomplish the same purpose as the DCOEs, but with a more modern (they have more plastic parts) approach. DCOEs have a more prominent name in racing. Both brand carbs are sturdy, and used models will serve you well. You'll want to rebuild them for sure, so even though the DHLAs are cheaper, consider that you'll have more difficulty getting replacement parts for them. DCOEs are easy to get replacement parts for, but are also about double the price, used. Phydeax had to have an intake manifold custom made in order to fit them onto his car (I'm doing this now, too). DCOEs and DHLAs fit the same manifolds, but that's the only thing that interchanges between the two. If you do this conversion, you will have great power gains. Plan on putting some time and $ into it, though - especially time to tune the carbs correctly. I think the whole conversion ran Phydeaux $600 or so. Look for sidedraft carbs (you'll need 2) that have 34mm chokes (main venturis) in them. You can buy the chokes and many of the other jettings later, but having them the size you need to start out will save some $. Man, I didn't know the DHLAs were so cheap! Go for it if you have the time!
    Last edited by Site; 08-20-2002 at 08:32 AM.
    Mike Clark

Vehicle
    so does webber make a manifold that fits our car that i can put a dual dhla side draft caRB ON?
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

Vehicle
    No. No one does. Check out Phydeaux's posts on how he made his manifold. It's a custom job.
    Go here for links to his postings on it.
    Mike Clark

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    unless you go here http://www.carbs.net/Weber/weber.htm they sell the kit that should just bolt on to stock intake.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    The kit that www.carbs.net sells only works for the DG series Weber carbs, not the sidedraft carbs, which is what hondavtec was asking about. If he wants to go with a DG series carb, it would be a lot easier and more cost effective. But not more performance effective.
    Mike Clark

DX User
    Vehicle
    88 Accord (Weber Carb)
    My weber idles very nicely. I make sure my air filter is clean and the carb is tuned. I got a used weber; I had to change the jets and I went through at least 5 different linkage setups before I was halfway satisfied with the feeling of my accel pedal. The only thing that bugs me is the right hand turn stumble and miss... but oh well, I've learned to adjust some of my driving habits.

LX User

IS There a howto on installing the weber?

if not there should be, let me know thanx
    Pheonix Red CA6 -- Sold

Vehicle
    i don't think there is How to install weber. Ask mike, A20A1 she has weber and he knows it from top to the bottom.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    no how to 's on the weber yet ! there just " where to buy weber " in the faqs !

hope some one can do it !

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 DX 5 sp

Weber 38 DGES fitment

Can this Weber be made to work on a DX? I've found one cheap and thought it might be an improvement over the 32/36.

Cheers,

Roland

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    DX is a carb, so yeah u can.

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 DX 5 sp
    Originally posted by smufguy
    DX is a carb, so yeah u can.
    With money anything is possible. My question should really have stated, "Can this be done as easily as a 32/36?". There are kits w/ adapter plates for the 32/36. Could one of these be modified to work with the 38 or is a custom plate required (and how much might that cost)?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Roland

Vehicle
    yes you can use the same plate adapter to mount 38, but you may want to make the primary a little bigger on the plate and intake.
    ask A20A1 he has weber with regrind adapter plate and manifold.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    how about another idea, get a A20A4 stock motor with ur webber. heheh 9.3 compression baby.

Vehicle
    he won't gain much, 88 carb has 9.1:1
    Alex.

LX User

Angry Weber Install Problems need help

ok i am installing the weber carb kit on my 89 dx and i have a major throttle linkage problem, The problem is that there is not enough distance that the cable pulls to make the carb go into full throttle position. do you get me? the pedal is on the floor and it doesnt open the carb to full throttle b/c not enough cable is travelling. Any help would be appreciated. Also what happens to all the vacuum lines that are not mentioned in the instructions are they just tossed? info on that would be appreciated but the real problem is the throttle. thanx again
    Pheonix Red CA6 -- Sold

LX User
    yea if you could post a pic of that and an indepth explaination of what you did it would be greatly appreciated thanx
    Pheonix Red CA6 -- Sold

You need a shorter linkage then. Can you set the throttle cable lower down on the bracket?
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

LX User
    its at the lowest it will go
    Pheonix Red CA6 -- Sold

LX User
    Vehicle
    my tight ass 88 carbed lx accord!!! and a 95 teg
    well i am thinking about getting a weber carb but i dont know anything about them will i really gain a grea deal in hp and how long will the install take? are there different sizes of the carb? somebody please help me lol lots of questions i am usually online but just email me at [email protected]
    flipping off cops isnt a good thing?

mods:
    Custom red and black interior by krylon, 95 gsr rims wrapped in yokohamas, apex n1 exhaust, carbon fiber hood, custom candy apple red tails, clear front turn signals, razo foot pedals, el gauges from pro car parts, carbon fiber gauge bezel, sparco color 2 steering wheel, limited editon sparco torino racing seat with 4 point clubman seatbelt, 7 inch in dash flip out screen dvd player, custom mounted kenwood flip out cd player mounted in casette holder, sei console, 2 7in. montiors to be mounted in headrest of sparcos, blue neon tubes, h4 headlight conversion with blue city lights,ngk plugs and wires

future mod. weber 32/36 with weber intake shaved handles and trunk