Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd & 3rd GEN ACCORD WEBER 32/36 & 38 HELP

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    hahaha bite me mike.

DX User
    Vehicle
    88 honda accord lx (auto)
    i am definitely going to look into the 32/36 carb. i have had my 88 lx for awhile and been looking for some mods to do.
    chase your dreams, not your competition

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX

Just Got My Weber 32/36

I just got it 5 minutes ago I got it open and looked at it and started drooling. I thought the filter was going to be a bit bigger though. Ahh who cares I'm gonna get the air intake setup from carbsunlimited for $167 Has polished adapter and intake pipe and filter. I know it's high priced but my girlfriends getting for me for christmas. Oh man I can't wait till monday to put it on. I am going to race my brothers integra right after its done. All he has is a muffler and a CAI. Read my performance mods, think I can beat a 92 teg? I beat him twice before I put his CAI on. I bow to the weber weber I just had to tell you guys!!! I feel like a chick on prom night but with car parts and me.:super:

Vehicle
    Oh man I just noticed there's no stickers. Damn, do they normally come with Weber stickers? I might have to give them a call. Anyone need a K&N filter for a stock airbox? Let me know if you do.

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    i didnt get any stickerz either. i wasnt expecting any but it would be nice. i did get a PACESETTER sticker with my header tho. it is like 1X2 inches! so small

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    '93 Integra
    mike i want to know how it turns out cuz that might be something i will do to my car

Vehicle
    I have stickers for like all my parts except my plug wires and plugs. Man you pay $330 and get no stickers. I might call them just to see if they can send me one or two. One for each side of my car. I hope it turns out like i'm hopeing.

Vehicle
    if they do... i want some for my car. maybe nate can make some... oh yah, he cuts not prints... damn!

Travis

Vehicle
    I just got off the phone with them and they said that they don't send stickers with them. Oh well it's probably better people don't know what you have in your car. They will be reluctant to race you if they think they'll lose.

Vehicle
    1986 SE-X accord R.I.P,1986 LX-I hatch R.I.P,1988 accord coupe project

weber carb

I've noticed alot of 3g users are putting weber carbs on.I would like to know has to be done to adapt it to the accord,such as where do i get that carb with the adapter plate,and if there is any porting required to make it flow correctly,is there any moifiying to the throttle linkage and about how much am I looking at.I would like to get as much power out of the A20 as possible before I get my B18:super:

Vehicle
    the weber is availible at a few different places. i got mine at NOPI.com along with a header. if u have a 5 speed tranny, it will be super simple to install. when u get it, if u ever do, PM me and ill give u detailed instructions. it is basicaly a bolton, but u remove all those vaccum lines under the hood. if u want another bump in HP, get a pacesetter header at the same time. if u get the black one, make sure to strip it then paint it with a ceramic paint. so PM me with further questions

Travis

Vehicle
    1986 SE-X accord R.I.P,1986 LX-I hatch R.I.P,1988 accord coupe project
    Well I've got the pacesetter header but its an auto,also has anybody ever had a problem with the header gaskets blowing out? I had to get this frickin super duty metal gasket from NAPA and I had to mod it to fit my header.Does anybody know if there is a better gasket that fits in between the header and the head,its got a leak coming from there and it has a hissing sound while I'm cruzin.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    here is the kit http://www.carbs.net/Weber/Dataresul...8&Model=ACCORD
    and here is same kit at NOPI.com
    http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?...rburetor%20Kit

those kits have everything for conversion, but they are designed for manual trans. if you have auto than ask Mike(A20A1) how he adapted the shifter on the throttle braket.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I have a short video of me fixing one of my ghetto rigged linkages.
    - llia

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    Originally posted by A20A1
    I have a short video of me fixing one of my ghetto rigged linkages.
    haha, post it. Do you have any pics of the linkage? I have never seen any pics of the weber installed on a car with an auto.

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    nice good work!

DX User
    What’s wrong with a set of 4 carbs easy conversion and it works as a daily driver? All day every day?

DX User
    That’s no problem . I can make you one our you can call me and I can tell you how it is an incredible difference in power and my wife used it to drive about 85 miles a day.

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    That’s no problem . I can make you one our you can call me and I can tell you how it is an incredible difference in power and my wife used it to drive about 85 miles a day.
    I need a manifold for the dual DCOE carbs also. how much would you charge to make one?

DX User
    They usually run about $350.00 but they Are built on our 40 20 fadel CNC machine they can get a bit pricey if I have to Tig it.

Vehicle
    I got it put on today and something went terribly wrong. The gasket that goes ontop of the intake manifold was wrong. It was supposed to cover up this little hole on the manifold. When the mechanic started it, the car shot out a shit load of anti freeze. It shot it 15 feet long. So we took the carb off and then we found out that the gasket was wrong. So he made one out of this cardboard stuff and now it works fine. It idles at 650-1000 , when it hits 650 the choke brings it up to 1500 for a bit and then goes normal. The low end power is fricken sweet!!! The high end power seems a bit weak, not sure though, b/c I haven't gotten it passed 100mph yet, I need a longer stretch of road than what I have. 4th gear doesnt seem to have what it used to, tell me what you guys think ok.
    Overall I love it!!! I didn't realize how many tubes needed to be plugged.

Vehicle

Question Adjusting the Weber 32/36

Ok, finally the carb is in but I found out that one of the barrels isn't opening all the way when the pedal is to the floor. I was doing a top speed test and I could only get to 100mph. So yeah, what would be wrong? The gas pedal is really mushy too. Oh yeah does anyone have any spare clips for the air cleaner? The dumbass mechanic dropped one and fell somewhere in the engine. Didn't fall to the floor either. If you do please email me. Thanks. The idle speed is like 650-1000rpms. When the clutch is pushed in it will sometimes kill. I am assuming that the idle screw needs to be adjusted. I have a hunch that the mechanic didn't cut the throttle cable at all. With the Weber 32/36 does the cable need to be cut? I thought it did.

Vehicle
    Oh crap they have the instructions still, I don't know which screw is which. Can someone tell me or show me a pic of the weber idle and air/fuel screws? Oh yeah theres this black box thing next to the valve cover that is sucking in air. (you know that silencer thing that had the little H on it, well this box used to connect up with the silencer.) Should I plug that too? I wish A20A1 was online now.

Vehicle
    i have a weber... give me a PM or go on MSN Messenger and ill talk to u there

[email protected]

or AIM viperblueaccord

Travis

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    you dont need to cut the cable. you just need to adjust it to take up the slack.

go here for the setup instructions

for the air suction thing you need to remove the vac tube going to the valve that controls it (there is a metal tube connected to it that goes to the exhaust manifold). and I think that there are two vac tubes that are attached to the black box that go to the intake manifold that you need to plug. (they are larger than normal vac tubes.)