Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd & 3rd GEN ACCORD WEBER 32/36 & 38 HELP

Vehicle
    BIENG IN COLLEGE SUCKS!! I HAVE BEEN WANTING A 32/36 FOREVER AND THERE'S NO WAY I CAN AFFORD ONE RIGHT NOW! someday......
    -Grant. I'm just a pirate chasing booty.

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX

Weber (throttle cable and linkage)

Ok, here's the scoop on my car. The mechanic says my throttle cable is too short (so it can't open the carb fully) I don't know what to do now. I read some posts and haven't come across something like this before. I told him that I could probably figure out how to mod the linkage so it will work normal. (like if you have pics of your throttle linkage setups) This is pissing me off, I want it to work right. Tell me what you guys think.

Vehicle
    Have any others that have had the weber conversion done had these problems? Hopefully, I'll be able to hit full potential of the Weber.

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    You already asked this. You have to attach the cable closer to the center of the linkage. Closer to the center, it doesn't have to move as far to open the carb fully.

andy

Vehicle
    I gave the picture to the guy and he said that's how he did it and it still doesn't work. I'll double check just to make sure he wasn't just saying that.

Vehicle
    Hey Phydeaux, was the throttle spring that you have called a spectre from pepboys. It's a throttle spring and lwr bracket for like $3.74. I am just making sure before I go and order it. And by the way thanks for all the help and support guys. This mechanic will never see me again after this is done.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    hmm. thats stupid... I have a really short throttle cable... It's not the lenght that matters.

have someone weld the trottle linkage off the keihin... you have to remove the keihin shaft... cut the shaft and weld it to the weber shaft... pay close attention to the angle @ Wide open throttle the cable end should be at the very top.
    - llia

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    here you go... this is what it should look like if you decide to use the keihin linkage. I'll try and get actual pics up later.
    - llia

Vehicle
    Well I don't think he got the idea of the pictuce. If you look at your arm and look at that one you'll notice that my cable mounts a lot closer. I drilled a new hole for it. Thats all he has to do. Well it has to be flattened first and it will need some spacers to keep things from binding. The spring I had is a Mr. Gasket dual return spring. It was like $5 with a bracket or something like that. It doesn't really matter, a spring is a spring.

andy

Vehicle
    Ok, I looked at the throttle linkage really close and saw what you were talking about. He didn't flatten it out or drill a new hole. I'll be sure and tell him to do that. Guess what happened when I was supposed to meet Mindlos today. My car decides to get a little pin hole in a hose from the intake manifold to the water pump. Well I sold my K&N filter for $25 and the damn hose is $25, so yeah that sucks. Antifreeze and water were spraying all over my pretty engine. I got some hose bandage for a temporary fix till I could get home. It ended up draining almost all of my coolant on my driveway. I had to drive my brothers integra to meet him. That just blows, I got it washed and looking sweet so I could show it off, and then it breaks down. I think I understand how to do the throttle linkage now. I'll help the guy do it Tuesday. Oh yeah the hose won't get here until Tuesday. So, i'm driving my girlfriends pontiac sunbird. I cover my head up when I drive it because it's decked out with girly crap. Don't want to be seen driving it. Oh one more thing, the spring attaches onto that part I flatten down but where does the other end attach to? (the guy has it on one of the old metal vacuum lines.) It just looked like it wasn't supposed to be there.

Vehicle
    Just attach it where ever its convienent. I just has to be something solid, preferably attached to the motor so the tension wont change when the motor moves.

andy

Vehicle
    Well I found a Mr. Gasket dual spring throttle return spring and bracket. I'm going to buy it. I can't stand having my gas pedal that soft.

LX User
    Vehicle
    my tight ass 88 carbed lx accord!!! and a 95 teg
    i just got off the phone with a guy from weber about doing a 38 38 swap kit meaning that he would take the 36 out and put the 38 in he said he couldnt do that the 38 will hook up to the same adaptor plate but and this is a big but.. the linkage will not come with it so you would have to make one yourself my thing is will the link be hard to make? i suggest everyone to give this guy a call tomorrow we could make enough support that they may start making a 38 38 kit tuned for our car here is his direct number at weber his name is eric 1 800 654 2778 please everyone call him.
    flipping off cops isnt a good thing?

mods:
    Custom red and black interior by krylon, 95 gsr rims wrapped in yokohamas, apex n1 exhaust, carbon fiber hood, custom candy apple red tails, clear front turn signals, razo foot pedals, el gauges from pro car parts, carbon fiber gauge bezel, sparco color 2 steering wheel, limited editon sparco torino racing seat with 4 point clubman seatbelt, 7 inch in dash flip out screen dvd player, custom mounted kenwood flip out cd player mounted in casette holder, sei console, 2 7in. montiors to be mounted in headrest of sparcos, blue neon tubes, h4 headlight conversion with blue city lights,ngk plugs and wires

future mod. weber 32/36 with weber intake shaved handles and trunk

SEi User
    Vehicle
    '89 Accord LXi Coupe w/Sunroof
    does anyone possibly know or can even estimate how much hp a weber will give. obviously its not for me. im efi. im just curious. even a figure of like 5-15 on a a20 STRICTLY. not 5-35 hp 5 if you own a carb metro and 35 if you own a carb big block.
    ACT Stage 1, Short Ram Intake & 2.25 Dynomax custom catback w/4inch carbon fiber tip. Thats it for now.

Putting the paint back on after

SOMEONE STOLE MY PAINT!!!!!

Vehicle
    Originally posted by socal3rdgen
    does anyone possibly know or can even estimate how much hp a weber will give. obviously its not for me. im efi. im just curious. even a figure of like 5-15 on a a20 STRICTLY. not 5-35 hp 5 if you own a carb metro and 35 if you own a carb big block.
    as far as i know nobody has dynoed one, but i have heard most estimates in the 5-15 range.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by Grant2k
    as far as i know nobody has dynoed one, but i have heard most estimates in the 5-15 range.
    thank you. like i said im curious. the reson i wanted to know is because 5-20 hp at max still only equals a accord efi. is it becuase its cheaper and less extensive then doing the efi conversion. dont get me wrong im not tryin to start a fight here im just curious. feedback please.
    ACT Stage 1, Short Ram Intake & 2.25 Dynomax custom catback w/4inch carbon fiber tip. Thats it for now.

Vehicle
    Originally posted by socal3rdgen
    is it becuase its cheaper and less extensive then doing the efi conversion.
    yes.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    thanks grant

Vehicle
    no prob. i have to admit that is only judging from what i have read. but all evidence seems that efi is a HUGE job.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    thanx. but do any of yall know exactly what i need to do. i mean do u know about that linkage. i have looked at mine and looks like the tranny is under the car. the throtle cable goes right into the firewall. so i hope this will help u to help me. anyone know? anyone with an auto with a weber? come on, i think there has to be at least one person with it.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    A20A1 has an auto... he is the guy that responded with all the good info...and he has the Weber

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    ah. i must have been reading fast.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

DX User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LX, Carb, AT
    I'm sorry, I don't quite follow this... but are we required to get a dif. intake after spending the $330 on the weber, or can the standard accord intake be used with it?

Thanks,

2Fast

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    the weber comes with a intake (open element filter that sits on top of the carb)

Vehicle
    Originally posted by 2Fast4U86
    I'm sorry, I don't quite follow this... but are we required to get a dif. intake after spending the $330 on the weber, or can the standard accord intake be used with it?

Thanks,

2Fast
    like 2old_honda said, the Weber comes with a K&N style filter. the problem is it puts it right in the hottest part of the engine bay. You can put in a Weber and shit all over stock carbed accords, but to get the most out of it you would have to make your own intake for cold air. you can't use the stock air box.