Thread: Front & Rear Strut Bars?

DX User
    Vehicle
    '89 ACCORD LX 4-DR.

Front & Rear Strut Bars?

This is probably a dumb question, but are Ractive and DC Sports the only ones that make a front strut bar for our cars? I've been trying to locate a Ractive strut bar but they no longer make them and I can't see paying $150+ for a bar from DC Sports, especially when the Ractive one was less than $50. What about a rear strut bar? Does any company make these? Are there any other cars that have the same length between the strut towers as our cars? Maybe we can use their bars?
    Stock Carbed Motor, Stock Exhaust, 16x7" Rims, Full-Suspension, Slow As Hell, But Fun To Drive...

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    With Ractive out of the way, your only choice is the DC Sports. If you can find a used one from Ractive, consider yourself lucky. Check Ebay.

As far as the rear, no one makes one. Justin (turbo88accord) does modify and sell 90 accord ones to fit. Ask him for details and pricing.
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

1988starter
    Ok I know I will sound stupid but how do these work and what do they do besides smoothen things out.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi Coupe
    don't feel stupid i don't know what the hell they are either or what they do. I always see them though
    2.25 Sprint drop w/ Bilstien struts in rear & Koni's in the front, moddified 94-97 Accord CAI, JDM power folding mirrors, Prelude A arms, Naxos exhaust, K&N Filter, Accel coil, Advanced timing, NGK-R plugs, 7.5mm wires, Apc H4 headlight conversion, PIAA hyper plasma bulbs every where, 17" Exel Maj rims wrapped in 205/40 17 Kumho tires, w/ 5% platinum tint, painted calipers & drums, shaved tail lights, moldings, antana, squirters, and emblems, Clarion DRB3675 head unit w/ Clarion 6x9s

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Strut bars stiffen up front and or rear of a car so that the suspension can better do the job it was designed to do. In theory their is a certain amount of flex or movement across the strut tower's. This movement is wasted energy, coming from your suspension, indirectly. Stop it and that energy stays with the suspension. Since our car's have a certain amount of chassis flex, I'd argue that having them would help improve the feel of your car as part of a overall package, I.E. springs, struts, rims and tires. But if you never push your car around corners kinda hard, I kinda doubt it's gonna help you much, other than look cool when you lift the hood.