Thread: Selling My Car

Vehicle
    79 Accord 1.8L CVCC 5-Speed

Selling My Car

Hey guys,

So I feel like I'm officially bored with this car. I've had little motivation to work on it over the summer and think it's time to sell it. Would anyone be interested? I'd be asking $2500 firm with the Enki's or $2000 OBO without the wheels. If I don't hear anything from anyone here I'm going to go the CL/ebay route on the car and wheels. Send me a PM and I'll list all the parts currently on it. There's at least $2000 worth of car there.

I'll also trade for a late 80/early 90's 4WD/AWD Subaru. Thanks again for all the help over the years. It's been fun but I think it's time for something different.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Re: Selling My Car

Best of luck with your sale. Keep us posted on your next project.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Thats one car would'nt sell in a million years.. best wishes. Don't be a stranger ok and come back with that next car no matter what it is!

roodoo2

Vehicle

I think it would be better if I sold it to someone who's going to care more about it. If someone was willing to spend the time on the body and interior work it could be a looker but I'm just not really into it anymore. Mechanically wise it's sound and beyond some vapor lock issues due to the aftermarket carb when starting it runs really well. I'd also like something that's 4WD/AWD so I can go more places in Oregon. A street only car only gets you so far in some places.

Is there a good place to post this car or at least the wheels? I'd rather offer the car to a collector/enthusiast first over some random Craiglister.

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

GLWS! You can post the car and wheels up at Thisoldhonda.org. They'll go quick for $500.

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Best wishes for the sale & next automotive adventure, hope you had enough fun with this one. You certainly put plenty of effort into it.
    Looking forward to seeing more pictures of it before it goes!

Vehicle

I now realize that I have a major problem with this car that I'm not sure I can fix. I've been chasing a weird issue where the car pitches sideways when I jump on the brakes. It becomes more obvious at high speeds.

I was looking through the manual again to review the brake system and notices that those t-fittings aren't just standard t-fittings, they're bias controllers. If one goes bad a rear wheel will lock during heavy braking. I've chased down everything else and this is the only thing I can think of that's left. There's no replacements available and my only other options are inline dials.

It's also started taking up the weird surge at high speed. It wasn't doing it for awhile but now it's doing it again. I'm so bored with chasing stuff like this.

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Must be able to fit a proportioning valve from another Honda?, though I know '81 Accords had combined the two into a single unit.
    Very frustrating.

Vehicle

Ya, it's really frustrating especially when I've thrown 2 pairs of calipers at it with no change. So I'm thinking of doing a hot rod brake setup similar to this:

Since this car only weighs 2000 lbs and my Bug used to stop fine with less brakes I think this will work. It also requires less than $100 in parts and gives me a brake balance controller. I really don't care about Honda's dumbass crisscross redundancy idea either. The Bug ran on fronts on one line, rears on the other line of a dual port MS and it had no issues. It's got to be better than how it stops now which is straight up unreliable.

Vehicle

So I started screwing with the car again because I didn't feel good about selling it broken and I think I figured out the jets. I finally found an article here:

Weber Carburetor Jetting

Which gives proper info as to how these carbs work. I had been going bigger in the secondary and I was 100% wrong. I'm running a 60/55 main/secondary idle jet and 145/140 main/secondary jet and the car drives much, much better. I'm going to try a 140/135 once I get an air/fuel ratio gauge in it and see what happens. I have a little bit of hesitation on the low end but once it gets above 2500 it's smooth as butter. The car started with 135/135 jets so I'm not worried about going down to 135 again for the secondary. I think I finally got a good valve job on this head since this most recent valve job I did also fixed a lot of running issues. Valves are a PITA!

The brakes still suck but I have all the parts to convert the system to the type pictured above. It looks fairly easy and my new block handles metering and allows me to control front/rear brake bias so that will be nice. The back locks up first quite often as is so it will be nice to be able to dial that down. Oh and I finally cut the panels (sorry) and am putting stereo in. It needs a stereo.

I'll post updates as I get it done.
    Last edited by PDXAccord79; 09-12-2014 at 07:45 AM.