Thread: 88 accord suspension

DX User

88 accord suspension

Hey I'm new to the foroum I think its awesome! But I have a 88 accord and really need help I want to lower my car but don't know if I should just get springs or coilovers (without spending $1200 for a custom coilovers) and if a 90 accord springs/coils with fit my car what brand someone help me out here! Thank you!

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord LX

Re: 88 accord suspension

I would not recommend getting the same ones as I did, but spend a little more. My $60 springs (1986 1989 Accord JDM Red 2" Drop Suspension Front Rear lowering Springs Kit | eBay) are sagging a bit after 1.5 months as they are not stiff enough to keep holding the weight of the car up. If you want to lower it ~2", get some name brand springs, a camber kit and/or the prelude 2g upper control arms, and maybe even the extended top hats from - Accord. That way, it will be harder to bottom out and you don't NEED to get new struts if your oem ones are decently new.

1.5" drop: H R lowering Sport Springs Set 86 89 Honda Accord Coupe Sedan 1 5"F 1 5"R Drop | eBay
    2.25" drop: "In Stock" 86 89 Honda Accord Sprint Performance lowering Springs 2 25"F R Drop | eBay

Both of those are decent, though I don't know if they will have the same problem mine did with sagging a little lower. If I were you, I would get the 1.5" drop springs, extended top hats, and it would be a good 2" drop at least. Now that I say that, I might do that myself. :P
    1987 Accord Sedan LX KL 5MT in Sonic Blue Metallic - 2.5" lowering springs

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988/honda/accord

Hey whats the best coilover for the 88 besides k Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamas95 View Post
    I would not recommend getting the same ones as I did, but spend a little more. My $60 springs (1986 1989 Accord JDM Red 2" Drop Suspension Front Rear lowering Springs Kit | eBay) are sagging a bit after 1.5 months as they are not stiff enough to keep holding the weight of the car up. If you want to lower it ~2", get some name brand springs, a camber kit and/or the prelude 2g upper control arms, and maybe even the extended top hats from - Accord. That way, it will be harder to bottom out and you don't NEED to get new struts if your oem ones are decently new.

1.5" drop: H R lowering Sport Springs Set 86 89 Honda Accord Coupe Sedan 1 5"F 1 5"R Drop | eBay
    2.25" drop: "In Stock" 86 89 Honda Accord Sprint Performance lowering Springs 2 25"F R Drop | eBay

Both of those are decent, though I don't know if they will have the same problem mine did with sagging a little lower. If I were you, I would get the 1.5" drop springs, extended top hats, and it would be a good 2" drop at least. Now that I say that, I might do that myself. :P

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

I was running Koni reds but now that the car has more power the suspension started to lack. I upgraded to Koni Yellows from an 88-91 civic with ground controls. I'm using the chedda top hats in the front and I have a write up in the suspension forum. the suspension can keep up with the car now.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX sedan

This is Prolly a dead thread but has anyone ever used vogtland lowering springs?
    Vogtland Lowering Spring Kits Honda Accord 1986 - 1989 957015

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

i personally never used them but i have heard of them.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX sedan

I was thinking about getting them (and replacing the struts back to the original ones) because I just picked this 1988 accord lx sedan and its got eg rear struts in it now with ebay coil sleeves and chopped front springs... Not a fan of the ride quality right now...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fat Gladys2!.jpg 
Views:	2224 
Size:	279.6 KB 
ID:	7111