Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few B20A Part prices

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX Sedan (RIP), 1989 (same) RIP, 86 Hatch Lx-i, JDM b20a, Gude headpkg, AEM cam gears/cai, thermal xhst, 2.5/3" lowrd tokico/groundctrl, 17" Seneca whls, hypereutectic pistons, .020" over, 13:1 comp

B20A in 88-91 Lude

So this is confusing me, now. I was told that the japanese B20A with 160hp/130ftlbs is exactly the same as the motor in the 88-91 prelude except for how it sits. Why aren't most of the parts interchangeable? It seems like most simple things like oil parts, gaskets, valves, and stuff like that should be exactly the same. Am I lost, or are they in fact the same parts (and we really have to get them directly from Japan?) I'm so confused. I want to drop a b20a in my 88 LX, because my motor has 280k on it and is hurting. This is going to be expensive... ugh.

thanks ahead of time.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Well for starters you will have to upgrade your fuel set up for fuel injection unless you run carbs. The B20A is a cross breed of many motors and parts. Some stuff works off the B20A and others from the prelude B20A5 etc. But parts are not as hard as they used to be as i found this company that will import parts and know of one other that has been importing parts but takes time. Other members have even found their own sources for parts. The accord B20A is kind of in its own category and its 160Hp and 140 torque. This should be a good swap we will find out as a lot of us our doing it for the spring.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord SE-i
    Just to play devil's advocate (and increase my thread count), what about those guys from Placeracing (who admittedly want to sell B16 conversion kits but) who say that they swapped a B20 into a 3G and were disappointed with the performance? You guys with B20's, how much better is your car? I have an auto. Has anyone with an auto done the swap? Of course, I want the answers to be "it's wicked" because I want a B20.

-Dreaming of DOHC

Vehicle
    1989 SE-I
    He's done it and drives it. His motor was stock in that car, cause it's in Peurto Rico. Lucky bastage
    Is "Accordsi" really in Puerto Rico and did his car really come with the b20a stock?
    3geez member since October 2000
    [email protected]

1991 Accord Wagon 5spd - JDM Ste-lo

Vehicle
    Ok Place Racing did a B20A5 Swap and a B20A swap but i cant remember if they ever found a 5spd for it. The B20A5 was a big mess and they never did finish it and it required cutting of the frame and they never found a good way to convert from cable to hydro tranny. From the two people that i have spoke to with B20A's running (over 1-2yrs ago) they are very happy with the power and say the torque is the best part of the motor.

Accord Si's car i dont think came with the swap because i remember him saying that someone used to get the motors down where he is.

Vehicle
    86 2.0Si JDM DOHC Accord
    I'd be interested to know what shipping costs from japan....so i can compare prices between countries......

Vega88lxi
    My Si came stock with B20A......

Vehicle
    If yours came with a B20A then i would think you could buy your parts locally no? If you look in this forum Yasu found a better exporter from japan and the pricing was the same as buying parts over here. So look down for the other post i did and i converted the pricing to U.S. currency. But that was shipped to my zip code in the U.S.

Vehicle
    86 2.0Si JDM DOHC Accord
    yeh...i can get the parts locally...i just wanted to see what it costs for you to import from japan compared to importing from down my way....i'll include aussie here too

I'm sending an ecu over for 1 of the members and want to compare the shipping costs is all

Vehicle
    89 Accord EX-i
    hey man! I am still learning about the b20a, but from what I know so far the black cover one is newer and therefore better ? Also they have different compression??? Fill me in on this. What should I look out for when I'm buying the engine? and also I have no clue where to buy this engine from and for how much! I live in Toronto.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord SE-i
    Good question. I live in Colorado, and I am having a hard time fiding a B20A for my 89 Sei.

Vehicle
    The only thing i can say is read through all the B20A threads and i have done this a few times over and you will learn a lot of usefull information. As for getting a B20A the only place i know that may still have one is www.openloopmotorsports.com you can see if they still do but i bought one of the three they had a few months ago. And as far as getting JDM parts use the link i have in a different post a few pages back that says JDM parts from Japan he is a direct exporter so you will get them faster and cheaper than this place in the US that i listed in this thread.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21311

I'm collecting info to help with engine swaps... motor swaps and just about everythig else. If you have any useful links to add please do... if not lok thru some of the stuff I've posted already and see if anything is there that can help you.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX Sedan (RIP), 1989 (same) RIP, 86 Hatch Lx-i, JDM b20a, Gude headpkg, AEM cam gears/cai, thermal xhst, 2.5/3" lowrd tokico/groundctrl, 17" Seneca whls, hypereutectic pistons, .020" over, 13:1 comp
    Okay I've been posting all over and asking people for a while now... and I can't find the answer anywhere on the boards or online, and I'm trying to find out through Yasu.

a) Does the b20a5 share any of the following: head gasket, valve seals or valve gasket set, intake or exhaust gasket, or cam seals?

b) If not, does anyone know or have a set of all of these I could buy from them and have them shipped overnight to me? Anyone? A lot of people tell me they have head gaskets, until I ask and then all of a sudden they can't find them, they're used, or they're sold. I have a gold top btw.

Someone? anyone?
    thanks ahead of time dudes

-paul

Vehicle
    I posted in you post on this page. As far as i know only the B20A head gasket will work so your gonna have to order it from Japan. Supposidly B20A5 valve seals are the same and the old teg valve cover gasket. Obviously the A20A3 intake man gasket and the B20A5 exhaust man gasket. Im not sure on cam seals but i would imagine the B20A5 ones would work but not positive. But i tried to find my old post about getting parts and i cant find it. But email this company the part number (found on the 1st page of this topic) and you address and they will give you a quote with shipping. here is there site http://210.150.108.106/~spiosk/parts/e-info.htm

*******************This is the best place to order parts from that Yasu found they are in Osaka and are the cheapest and fastest on shipping*********************
    Last edited by RobT5580; 01-10-2004 at 03:21 PM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    86 Lude 2.0Si JDM B20A Goldtop, 87 Jeep Wrangler many K$, many mods
    Rob,

I got my gold B20A from Canada. I have been trying to email between you and Yasu to get info on the bottom end of my engine. Yasu says the Accord B20A5 Piston Rings, Bearings and Bearing Caps will work, but I will need to get some other JDM stuff like the oil pan seal. Will this importer you listed prices on sell the oil pan seal, an alternator, pwr steering pump and AC Compressor? Are you the Rob that was at Vertek where they have the Civic with swing up doors?
    Chris

Vehicle
    Okay carotman, you said that the head gasket part # was 11251-PH3-003.

I called Honda Japan about that.

Dear Mr. Paul:
    Thank you for your call today. I searched about your request of shipping head gasket for your vehicle. And
    before I reply whether we can ship it or not, let me confirm the part number because the part number I wrote
    down seems not to be registered in Japan parts division.

Your vehicle: 1986 Accord
    Part name: head gasket
    Part number: 11251PH3003

Please confirm and give me your reply.
    Also I’m sorry for writing your first name since I don’t catch up your last name.
    Sincerely yours,

Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
    Shizuko Kawata,
    The Americas Service Department

I REALLY did not want to ask her about a head gasket kit, because all I need is the gasket itself. I certainly hope that 061A1-PH3-000 is the head gasket kit.

Does anyone know if this is the honda of America part # or what?!

-Mr. Paul (as my name appears)

Vehicle
    And her name was ???? ?????? <[email protected]>.... in case anyone cared.

Okay, so the boards won't let me type japanese letters (this is an edit). I'll post her name somewhere else and leave a link (lol)
    Last edited by Versanick; 09-19-2003 at 05:02 AM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord Lx
    Does any body know how hard it is to do an H22a engine swap?

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    Carborator King, please do the search on the board. Your question has been asked many times.
    I am gonna answer one more time. H22 will need everything custom made. Nobody makes any engine mount kits for our cars. H22 drop has been done ones, and we don't have the discription of what you need. All we know is that is 100% custom job.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Caborator king, it's spelt Carburetor; You can ask an admin to change your screen name, but if you prefer to spell your name that way thats cool.
    - llia

DX User
    Vehicle
    85 Lude, 90 Accord
    Where are all of the B20a's coming from? I am looking to get one down here in Nova Scotia. Web address wanted please or phone numbers...
    Addicted to everything Honda.

Vehicle
    89 Accord EX-i
    actually I believe it's spelled Carburator!

SEi User

B20 parts

Maybe cheaper and easier to get certain parts through English dealers. B20 2G Preludes and 3G accords were sold in reasonable numbers in the U.K, i know of one very good quality company that does gasket kits for B20A these are made by Ajusa in Spain and are pretty good value for money, i even know a main distributer and he has contacts in the U.S from who he buy's U.S parts from for the U.K. Just a thought if enyones interested get in touch with me. BTW i use the Ajusa Gaskets in my race engines they are very well made and can take High CR's and turbocharging without too much probs, they also do a damn good gasket kit for the A20 engine as well as loads of other Honda engines. Also available are new camshafts for A series too.

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI

Vehicle
    89 Accord EX-i
    bah whatever.....
    This is for Skiingco or anyone else who can help me!
    Can u please tell me where u got your engine from (within Ontario)? I live in Toronto, canada and my mechanic and I have been looking for this engine for the past 2 months and can't find anything! Please help me out if u can, and is it auto or manual?