Thread: et2 es1 khien side drafts help!!

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1986 prelude

et2 es1 khien side drafts help!!

Ok guys heres my dilema i searched but not direct answer to what i want to know.
    So i got a prelude dx no engine no transmison im not good with carbed motors. So i got a et2 head with khein side draft carbs fully restored my ? Im wanting to know is i need a block? Can i use a a20a3 block or es1 block or do i have to use et2 block i cant find one anywhere et2 block no junkyards has my prelude only accords lots! Also can i use a20 mt tranny with es or et? Thnx guys hope i made clear enough what im trying to do. Oh can i put my carbs on the es head i already tried my a20 head but doesnt work
    rhd restoration 2nd gen prelude

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

Re: et2 es1 khien side drafts help!!

Quote Originally Posted by b20a86lude View Post
    Ok guys heres my dilema i searched but not direct answer to what i want to know.
    So i got a prelude dx no engine no transmison im not good with carbed motors. So i got a et2 head with khein side draft carbs fully restored my ? Im wanting to know is i need a block?

Can i use a a20a3 block...
    Most likely no, but it depends on the head. If the head has the larger oil drain hole, then you can use any A18 or A20 block. If it has the small drain hole you must use an ET block. Normally ET and A blocks /heads are not interchangeable, but there was a transition period where either one could have the small or large drain hole. '85 was the changeover.

or es1 block
    If the ES1 is CVCC then no. If not CVCC, then possibly. I'm not really sure about the ES1.

or do i have to use et2 block i cant find one anywhere et2 block no junkyards has my prelude only accords lots!
    Using an ET2 block is the safest.

Also can i use a20 mt tranny with es or et?
    The trans may bolt up to the engine, but you will run into problems with the axles. In the USA the A20s all use larger spline axles and the ETs use small spline axles. So you would also need need to use A20 axles and knuckles including hubs and brakes. Or you might be able to put Prelude SI bearings/hubs in the DX knuckles and use the A20 axles with that. Swapping like this can get very tricky in a hurry. It's really best to use all ET2 drivetrain parts if possible.

Thnx guys hope i made clear enough what im trying to do. Oh can i put my carbs on the es head i already tried my a20 head but doesnt work
    If the ES1 is NOT CVCC, then the manifold and carbs should fit. If it is CVCC it *might* still work but you would just have to try it.

C|