14 60.87%
  • All motor H22A motor

6 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Damn It, which to do

Vehicle
    N/A for the public eyes;)

Damn It, which to do

I so confused. I just want my 3rd Gen Accord to run 12s, be reliable, & be safe to drive on a daily basis(Till I get my Supra, whole nother story). Either way I know im gonna be dropping some cash for whatever setyup I go with. If I find a shop in the Orlando area that can do me a complete custom swap for an H22 at a resonable price then ill do that. But, thats about as possible as finding a bag full of money on the street. I want a CRVTEC & the place that I found to do it doesnt have prices on the site so im gonna have to call them when I get to Fla. My last option is to get a new A20A3 motor & build it up completly for a turbo setup. But I wanna talk to the man with the white hatch before I actually think hard about that. Ive heard of somebody running 12s on an turbo A-motor, but i wasnt sure if he was on the board.
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    The other guy with a turbo said he ran 12's and i think he ran a low 13 at the track when i saw him. I personally think it can run 12's all day because his set up seemed kinda of hacked which i think has a bit of resistance on air flow etc. He was running very high boost though like low 20's but nothing a proper build up shouldnt be able to handle. I like turbos a lot but they need to be set up properly to be reliable. I like justins set up a lot but keep in mind all the money he has under the hood. Turbos=Money

Vehicle
    '98 civic ex
    NA all the way!!!! (if you can afford it)
    -Ryan

Pure White 1988 DX Sedan

"It takes a big man to cry. And, an even bigger man to laugh at the big man crying"

Vehicle
    96 Civic (Turbo lsvtec) /87 accord lx/95 civic dx
    turbo a20 !
    Jay

Vehicle
    2000 Integra GS-R, 1988 Accord LX-i
    Well, your name being 89AccordGSR and all, why not drop in a b18c1 from an actual GSR. More power than a b16 or b20a, and a lot easier to install than an H22A. There are lot more aftermarket parts for it than any of that old JDM stuff like the b20a, and you can do more with it than with a small 1.6 civic engine. Keep in mind that our accords and the 94-01 Integras (b18c1) are very similar in wieght, unlike the difference between a civic and our car: civic engines were not built to push an accord. (hence the lower amount of tq).

B18C1 1.8 16V DOHC VTEC PGM-FI 1797 170hp@7600rpm 128tq@6200rpm '94-'01 Integra GS-R

While this swap will cost more than a b16 and certainly more than a b20a, it is still cheaper and less time consuming (especially if you plan on doing the work yourself) than going with the H22A.

Nobody on the site really seems interested in this engine for thier Accord, dunno why. I myself am planning on doing this swap after an inspiring chat with some guys at a local import shop who owned a 86 Accord HB with an Integra Type R engine in it. That thing is bad ass! :super:

Another perk to the b18c1 is that it can be supercharged, forget turbo!

Well thats just my opinion.
    - Matt

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Well one reason i think the B18C1 is not so popular is that it is pretty expensive. Your talking about $3,000 for the motor plus about another $1000+ for the mounts and hardware. That is a low figure and that would be stock. The one person on the board that has it seems to like it but he built it up a bit before the install and i think he said it was about $7,000.

that wasnt exactly 7000. i checked the reciepts totaled it out to 6600 for everything. that would include the mounts, axles, shift linkage, headers, valve springs, titanium retainers, ecu, injectors, pistons, intake manifold, throttle bpdy, igition wires, headers, cam gears, ecu wiring.. plus the installation money. now if u think about it. if a shop was to install all these parts for me, it wouldnt have cost me 7000. it wouldve cost me up to 10000 dollars. u can say turbo charging the a20 is good.. but boosting at 18-23 psi!? jus to run 12 seconds!? how about i get a turbo kit on my gsr motor and boost 18-23 psi. i guarantee 10 sec. et's. think about it.........

jon
    benson\'s 2.0 resleeved GSR block, PnP b16 head/multi angle valve job, ctr cams, hondata i/m gasket, str 68mm t/b, skunk springs/retainers, hondata s200b p30 ecu, LSD cable tranny, full race stage3 GT turbo kit (GT35R) custom 3 inch exhaust
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    The Turbo A20A3 said he ran a best of 11.9, but at the track that day we were there he ran a 12.5 or something spinning pretty bad.
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

oh yea.. i also forgot to include that, that 6600 included the GSR motor too. COMPLETE!
    benson\'s 2.0 resleeved GSR block, PnP b16 head/multi angle valve job, ctr cams, hondata i/m gasket, str 68mm t/b, skunk springs/retainers, hondata s200b p30 ecu, LSD cable tranny, full race stage3 GT turbo kit (GT35R) custom 3 inch exhaust
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    OK, just to clear up some confusion in this thread. First, im not talking about a JDM B20a, im talking about the B20B block(Honda CRV) w/ a Integra Type R head, intake manifold, cams, & what not. Second, Wicked ive wanted to know this for a bit. What do you run & how much Hp & Torque are you running. & whats your times at the track. Third, Id prefer to have a turbo than a supercharger. Turbos can be upgraded to push out more power. Even if I got a GSR motor, I wouldnt be satisfied(I think). Thats why I want to go with the CRVTEC motor. It gives me mad torque & hp that is around the H22s status(at least the pervious CRVTEC ive seen could do around the same numbers)
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Vehicle
    Oh & the turbo kit that I was gonna run on it was the DRAG kit for the Integra Type R. I love turbos, spooling is such a beutiful sound. But when my motor is complete you best believe im gonna hang with a couple of the American Muscle

uh.. to be honest with u.. if u dont know exactly wat the good and bad sides to a crvtec. dont bother! and im being dead honest. ive seen ppl here saying stuff like IF U DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO DISH. STAY AWAY FROM A MOTOR SWAPS SUCH AS CRVTECS. and if u have money to use like u use toilet paper then go for it. here where i live and ive said this before. 5 out of 10 civics r motor swaps. ive had quite a few friends whose done crvtec and had to rebuild and rebuild all the time becuz it's simply not reliable. like i said, unless u have money to wipe ur ass with. go for it. if not., ur better off with a easier simple set up like the b16 for reliability. example of a crvtec that a friend of mine had. it was fully built with a gsr head. jg edlebrock intake manifold. t4 ball bearing turbo. boosting 7psi and he ran a best of 14.2. that's 14.2 in a 92 hatch. and the problem was.. his eagle rods were stretching a quarter inch and pinged against his valves. it's near detonation and guess wat, he blew it a month later. im not tryin to put u down, im jus saying for someone like me and u who do daily driving. do something reliable and not screw urself over. and if uve seen dyno sheets of crvtecs., it's not very impressive. horsepower curve is not very smoothe. yea it's great power and torque.. but not if u want to rev to 8000 rpm. good luck with ur set up though. i would like to know the turn outs of that motor in a 89 accord. as for my set up., dont know my hp curve yet. putting in skunk2 stage 2 cams on monday. will get a dyno done the next so cal meet for all to see. and when im ready ill go run for time on my street tires only.

jon
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    Its all hype huh? I noticed people with the motors tend to sell them. Thing is that I basically dont want a motor that is smaller than a 2.0. Thats my main thing. I could follow what my name says & get a GSR motor but im not one to follow. See if I got the B18C then id wanna put the 2.0 conversion from JUN on it. But I cant run a turbo on it if I do that(I think). I WANT AN H22 but I cant check on that till I get to Fla.

http://www.lhtperformance.net/sample...1.crx.lht.html
    read this & tell me what you think, these are the people that i was gonna get to do the swap
    Last edited by 89AccordGSR; 12-21-2002 at 11:37 PM.

Vehicle
    89 honda accord LX
    12 and 11 second a20a have been done. just do it.

zach

Vehicle
    1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo
    I'd do all motor. That's more impresive that a turbo.
    R.I.P. 1988 Honda Accord LX-i hatchback

Banned
    Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord Lxi
    those swaps look fuckin nice on that site you should get a b18 and then get it supercharged!

Vehicle
    The one that I was planning on getting is the one that was in the white CRX. It would be preety much just like it with the exception of different parts that ill have & im thinking about just doing an all motor setup on the B20 Type R. But im not sure yet, if I can still run 12s without the turbo then thats what ill do. But if I must run the Drag turbo setup to run 12s then thats what ill do.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    You'll earn heck lots of respect if you can run 12s NA on the A20

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    You think that can be done? Sounds like tons of work... just get the turbo
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle

Banned
    Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord Lxi
    my friend has a crx with b16 he squeezes a 75 shot i think and best he ran was 13, best I SAW was 13.5

Vehicle
    Well its set, im doing a B20 Type R turbo motor, im gonna work it into high 10s in the 1/4 mile. So, if you see a black Honda Accord riding the streets of Orlando bumping like theres no tomorrow then you may wanna try to race me so you can see the motor . But it will be awhile before I actually get that motor so you know whats in the future for my baby.........