-Mark D.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    ^bump^
    -Mark D.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    I think there's one from lowboyz. Someone tried it and returned it.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    thanks guys!

Does anyone know what the specs are on them? Spring rates, etc.?
    -Mark D.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
    thanks guys!

Does anyone know what the specs are on them? Spring rates, etc.?
    I tried, they said they didn't know. They say they make them, yet they don't know what the spring rates are or how the struts are valved. Fly by night industries if ya ask me. Besides if you did know, would you really trust them to last or perform as well as the big 3's stuff that actually make stuff for people interested in performance instead of just being low? Food for thought

Why are you after full bodies? The one's that are worth buying (NOT Lowboyz) cost the same if not more than having koni's or Bilstein revalve struts for ground-controls. The only point I could see is if you needed something like the tein's with their 16 level of strut adjustment's. Or you wanted adjustability AND something that's gas charged.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    ha I knew this would get ur attention Jim! Honestly, I was just entertaining the idea of trying them out, but truthfully, have no clue as to the benefit of full-bodied over the sleeved like the GC's. I just tossed it out there to see what people (you) thought of the idea. Seems, by your response that there is little to no difference then a nicely complimented set of struts and coil-overs.

Looks like the final decision will be (mainly for cost reasons over g/c's) the DropZone c/o's and revalved/(maybe)shortened fronts for now, and probably rears in the future depending on 'bounce'.
    -Mark D.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Ok, gottcha mark.

The big deal behind full bodied coilovers:

Being able to purchase a matched strut and coilover that is performance matched to that specific spring rate. The adjustable coilover part is intended for tuning each corner of the the car via corner weight's. But of course coilovers aren/t used for that, people use them to drop the car to the height that please's them. Their's no reason why a person can't revalve Koni's or Bilsteins to match thier choosen spring or sleave type coilover's spring rate, to create a matched system that rides, drives and perform's like it should.

Frankly, when I visit www.tein.com and I examine the spec's page, I don't care for their stiffer spring rate product's. The rate's for the 97-01 prelude ss coilover's are close, but still not right. And I called neuspeed about full bodied coilovers for the GSR Teg and I was shocked that they were barely stiffer than stock,....what's up with that. My point being, I hear a lot of talk about full bodies being all that, yet just scratching the reasearch surface, I've found more reason to NOT be hot for them, than to be on fire to get some.

Vehicle
    Twin Weber DCOE Powered 88 Honda Accord LX
    Are these considered full-bodied coilovers?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1876030763

You can check out the company's website here:
    http://suspensionmax.com

They seem to carry a lot of suspension stuff for the 3G - even camber kits. Not sure on the quality, but props to them for including the 3G in their product line.
    Mike Clark

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    No they are not full bodied coilover's. Those are sleave type coilovers that they are adding a set of their strut's with. Someone else posted that link before. I wouldn't risk money on something like that. They don't have a major name brand quality story to tell, nor do they spend much R&D money. So even if they're wonderfull to drive on, how long will they last? I tried rear struts from a company like that,.......they lasted 3k and blew out. And that was with my H&R's and their not stiff at all. Doestech was the brand.

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    I have the LOW BOYZ and they are stiff as hell! No bounce, i can rip corners at like 40 mph and the car almost stays level... it really helps that i have big tires, but i like them...
    A few problems tho...

No Top Hat for the back, so i had to buy Civic rear perches.

Very Stiff when lifted up. This is because of the preload on the springs, when dropped, it rides ok.

A few good things

5 inch drop!
    i have dropped my car down to like 2 inches between the car and the ground! i was about .5 inches off the tranny!

Cheap as hell!
    185 bucks per pair! i bought them at 260 a pair... a month latar, PRICE DROP!

Lifetime Warentee
    I i do blow a shock, they will replace it for free.

1 peice design... very easy install... besides the fact i had to pay for new spring perches

All in all... these are a good setup for the price.

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Yeah low boyz has them for 3gs

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1

lowboyz?

Exactly how stiff are the lowboyz. Dropzone stiff or softer? Also how are the struts, are the right match up for the springs? You said that you had to put the larger springs in the front and smaller in back. That doesn't make since. Did it affect the ride level? Basically could have the springs set up at max height and then lower them and get the correct drop and still have the car level.
    Mostly I was wondering if these are worth the trouble to put on my car. I want to get a good set up for my car but with out spending $1,000 on Ground Control's and revalved Koni's.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

Re: lowboyz?

Originally posted by Justin86
    Exactly how stiff are the lowboyz. Dropzone stiff or softer? Also how are the struts, are the right match up for the springs? You said that you had to put the larger springs in the front and smaller in back. That doesn't make since. Did it affect the ride level? Basically could have the springs set up at max height and then lower them and get the correct drop and still have the car level.
    Mostly I was wondering if these are worth the trouble to put on my car. I want to get a good set up for my car but with out spending $1,000 on Ground Control's and revalved Koni's.
    Unless he's driven in a car equipped with the dropzone's, he's not really going to be able to tell you how the lowboyz compaired. However I'd be stunned if they were that stiff. I also know that he has recommended to others that they get koni's and ground-controls over the lowboyz.

Are you certain that you need coilovers? If ride quality is high on your list, coilovers won't help that desire. What do you want out of your lowered 3g's suspension?

BTW, I'm not so certain that I can make a strong case for revalving koni's with standard Ground-controls, with dropzone coilover's definately though.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    umm... i wouldnt say they are super stiff.. i rode in a car with drop zones and some sweet shocks.. it was a 1998 civic sedan.. any way... it was real stiff... and a little bit of bounce.. i would now say that the lowboyz arent really stiff.. but there isnt any unwanted bounce

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback