Thread: Somebody explain to me how these motos differ?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord DX Hatchback

Somebody explain to me how these motos differ?

Sorry for being a noob here, but I recently got myself an '89 DX Accord, if for no other reason than the gas mileage it gets. At the same time, the poor little car is a bit gutless. From what I understand, (I'm new to Hondas) the Honda K20 is a 2.0L inline four that is fuel injected, with two intake and two exhaust valves in the head per cylinder, whereas the A20 is a 2.0L carburated inline four with two intake valves and only one exhaust valve per cylinder.

So by that logic, the only difference between the K20 and the A20 is the amount of valves in the head and the fuel delivery system. Along with that, my main question would be: Can I take the head, and header, off of a junkyard k20 and put them under the hood of my Accord thereby calling it a k20? Or are there more differences I'm not getting here. Also: any advice on feeding these rice grinders a few wheaties?

Thanks in advance.

Vehicle
    1988 ca3 si exclusive

Re: Somebody explain to me how these motos differ?

search button

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Re: Somebody explain to me how these motos differ?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdogruns View Post
    Sorry for being a noob here, but I recently got myself an '89 DX Accord, if for no other reason than the gas mileage it gets. At the same time, the poor little car is a bit gutless. From what I understand, (I'm new to Hondas) the Honda K20 is a 2.0L inline four that is fuel injected, with two intake and two exhaust valves in the head per cylinder, whereas the A20 is a 2.0L carburated inline four with two intake valves and only one exhaust valve per cylinder.

So by that logic, the only difference between the K20 and the A20 is the amount of valves in the head and the fuel delivery system. Along with that, my main question would be: Can I take the head, and header, off of a junkyard k20 and put them under the hood of my Accord thereby calling it a k20? Or are there more differences I'm not getting here. Also: any advice on feeding these rice grinders a few wheaties?

Thanks in advance.
    search, lots of info here, and all these cars have different variants on the A series, either carburated or fuel injected,there is no head swap for the A series, the only different designation is the BS which is really an early A series, same engine