Thread: 86 honda prelude si lowering questions asap!

DX User

86 honda prelude si lowering questions asap!

So on my 86 honda prelude 2.0si fi pgm. I am fixing. (Blown headgasket) but I read a few times that 95 accord and 93 civic coil over sleaves work on my prelude. Im wanting to use the accord coils cause its more matches to my weight. I just need verification that they do work. Before I spend the money on them. Or what others are you guys running. hurd integra works with some modding. And how low can you go. Like slam it on its nuts?

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Re: 86 honda prelude si lowering questions asap!

you could use any coils. the problem is the shocks. I'm not sure whats still available for the 2nd gen lude. See if KYB or Tokicco make a shock to replace. Rememeber the lower you go the faster your stock shocks will blow out. I had Tokicco blue shocks and even on 1.5 inch drop the rears were blown. I would check out preludepower.com and see what people are running over there.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Prelude 2.0Si

Re: 86 honda prelude si lowering questions asap!

I also have a 87 Si. I just bought King lowering springs and KYB GR-2 struts. KYB discontinued the rear struts a while ago, but there are still a handful of NOS KYB struts still available. The fronts are a current KYB P/N.
    King lowering springs are made in Australia, so they are expensive to ship.

Where did you come up with "accord coils cause its more matches to my weight"? Your Prelude weighs 500-600 pounds LESS than a 95 Accord.

I think maybe you have the wrong car dude. You should buy a different car to "slam on its nuts". 2nd Gen Preludes have almost no parts support for performance or OEM.