Thread: central door lock pictures

Vehicle
    86 aerodeck

central door lock pictures

hey guys, i have a question about central door locking.

I am in the middle of installing a universal central door locking setup in the aerodeck. the wiring is all not that interesting, but i cant seem to find a proper place to install the actuators. It seems that every way i place it, it either hits the window or the door panel as there is literally no room to play. I managed to get it working by unhooking the rod to the interior door lock latch, but i dont really like that method.

So does anyone have pictures of how they installed their actuators without it hitting the window or door panel? Or did you guys just cut a piece of the interior part of the door?
    rare 3g parts
    mesaexport.com
    our facebook page
    Instagram @mesaexport

Vehicle
    86 aerodeck

Re: central door lock pictures

oh btw, its for an aerodeck. now i know you guys dont have it, but im guessing the inner part of a door panel from a hatch or coupe should look pretty similar
    rare 3g parts
    mesaexport.com
    our facebook page
    Instagram @mesaexport

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Re: central door lock pictures

I'll be installing rear four door handles on mine, to get rid of the external door cylinder , plus they are metal, I'm just going to use the lock rods that went to the external locks, but on every single latch mechanism, hatch coupe or four door, there is a lever that would go to the door lock motor, and mounting points for the motor, it just won't fit on coupes or hatches, due to the door beam not having the notch in it, you can actually take out the latch, and mount the lock motor to it, but it won't fit back in the door, maby you can make an actuator rod that goes to that lever on the latch itself, and have the actuator operate it, a short cable, like a couple of cables from manual heat control cars, might be able to be rigged to it, and you could put the actuator where you want, something like a flat plate that attaches to the actuator mounting points, with a clamp for the cable
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 12-20-2014 at 02:46 PM.