Thread: 2G and weber 32/36

DX User
    Vehicle
    85 Honda Accord

2G and weber 32/36

I know this is my first post, but I've been looking at other posts for many months. I've been looking since I bought my son an 85 Carbed Automatic Accord.

I researched the rough running problem I had and decided that instead of overhauling the Keihin Carb and the octopus of vacuum lines, I'd try my hand at weber.

I actually found a 32/36 that was meant for a Suzuki Samari (since someone had success on here with one of their throttle linkages from Suzuki) as an Open Box discount on Amazon. I had to buy an adapter plate still, but I still managed to come out ahead if I would have bought the accord kit.

I recommend getting a weber if you are on the fence. It went in super easy and I followed the choke adjustment procedure and lean idle procedure before I fired it up. It only was off a little. The Samarai linkage was perfect.

The only problem I had was the ported vacuum switch busted when I took off the original vacuum line (I thought I'd replace the 30 year old lines w/ new). I ended up trying to install 3 ported vacuum switches before I figured out they didn't need much torque. (Rockauto is where I got the part).

Thanks to all who have posted before me. If it weren't for you guys on 3geez, I'm sure I wouldn't have been nearly as successful.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Re: 2G and weber 32/36

Pictures of that install would be super helpfull!

Which side is the linkage on?

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Yay for Webers!
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

DX User
    Vehicle
    85 Honda Accord

I have the linkage on the drivers side. It seems to work fine. I'm sorry for not putting up the pictures. But I really couldn't do a better job than this person did on this link. DIY: Complete 32/36 Weber DGEV Install *Lots of Pics* - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums Since driving it a few days, I've run into problems. I think it all was because I tightened the throttle shaft nut too tight and its been binding. Haven't had time to tinker with it. But the weber makes everything on the 2g engine bay so much more accessible.

Dr. Snooz, do you have tp?