Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody DB Drag?

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation

Anybody DB Drag?

Any of you guys DB drag or compete in contests like it?

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    yeah i pulled a 100db with my wall-mart setup, i just wanted to see what an $750 system could do. not bad in my opinion.

I lost major points for my setup, in fact they laughed, but we were all having a good time, us amature class people i mean. There were some people there that were just way to into it. like 3000+watts etc. etc. I just got something that does a decent job without the big $$.

peace :pimp:

Vehicle
    87 honda accord lxi hb
    go to hhgreg, bestbuy, circuit city, these stores usually have good deals on Stereo equipment that most people buy: like Lighting Audio, Rockford, MTX, PolkAudio, Bazooka, Sony Xplod, and Pioneer to name a few. Wally`s World (Wal-mart) carries sony and pioneer. You can get a decent banging system without spending too much just got to shop around and look.

LX User
    Vehicle
    no more 3gee. 99 chevy tahoe
    i did it once. i had a 84 s-10 ex-cab with 4 lanzar 12's and 2 hifonics 1000 watt mono amps, a 5 farad cap a high output alt. i hit 164.7 db. it was ok i guess
    "All i have in this world is my balls and my word, and i dont break'em for no one,"

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    164 is thumpin man, u did more than ok

Vehicle
    see user name

Re: Anybody DB Drag?

Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
    Any of you guys DB drag or compete in contests like it?
    Yeah, I have entered a few local contests. I placed 2nd in one I entered 2 summers ago. I hit a 140.6db with one 12" Infinity. Then last summer, I hit 141.7db, but was only good enough for 4th place. I used a 1.75 cu. in. ported box and an MTX 400W amp. I am waiting till next summer to buy a 600W amp and see what difference that will make. Considering the guy who won last summer was running 1200W with one of those square 12" kickers. I think he hit like a 145-146db.

That's all I have to say

Peace out..
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    17" ADRs with 205/40/17 khumos
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    i know that with my sweet system and walmart subs and amp i hit 112 db. i was using a 300 watt amp and two tens in a 3.5cube ported box... they hit low and loud and i was impressed... then i switch to my JBL's and the 1800 watt Legacy amp and hit 140+ i havent been able to find my Iasca scoresheet, but i know that the walmart subs and amps are ok for the price... u just need to set up the right box.

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    '92 Toyota Paseo
    I'm planning on starting doing IASCA next year... I'm planning on getting an Adire Brahma 15" and an Adire Revolution 1500 watt amp... fiberglassing a box in my spare tire well and maybe doing a plexi baffle board (my dad runs a hockey rink ). Then fiberglassing some kicks and throwing in some Focals (Or something else reeeal nice, if I don't like the sound of Focals).

I've maxed out with ease a Radioshack Db meter (126+db) with an oldskool Eclipse 12" in 2.25ft^3 tuned to 30 hz. receiving 220 watts... then I borrowed my friends 500 watt Bazooka amp (Low quality, but makes rated power) and it was a LOT louder... loud enough to hurt your ears pretty bad.

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    how much was the radio shak meter? does it work ok?
    do u have a part number?
    Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    see user name
    Radio shack has only 2 models, a digital one and an analog one. Remember that these are only good up to 126db. Actually, I think the digital one is only good to 120db. They do work alright, but I don't think they are very accurate past the 120db range due to the fact that the mics that are used in them are not very precise compared to the heavy duty mics used in professional db meters..
    I've had my system cranked and the meter would only show 123-124, but in reality I was hitting 140+
    For a reference tool, I say it works pretty good. But for accuracy, real professional grade db meters cost a minimum of $600

That's my $.02

Peace out
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    17" ADRs with 205/40/17 khumos
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.

Vehicle
    yeah ive been real impressed with the Adire subs, they just cost sooo much but their excursion is just scary. I was thinking about actually getting a pair of the 15s cuz their loud and sq oriented too
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    05 G6 for now
    i hit 145.7db's with my car
    the next week i suffered from a major trunk leak!

wow there is more to this board than off-topic SICK

Vehicle
    '92 Toyota Paseo
    I wouldn't say Adire's subs are expensive at all, when you compare them to how well they perform.

Shiva = $125 = performance equivalent to Boston Acoustics Pro 12 which is $300.

Brahma 12 = $350 = performance equivalent to Jl's 12W7 which is $600-700.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX Sedan (auto), 1988 Toyota Camry Wagon (auto), ...
    Where can you get Adire Subs/Amps? Sounds interesting... never heard of them.

What IS the excursion for these subs? (Xmax, right?)

Emcees drag their feet across a big naked land/
    With an empty bag of seed and a fake shake of hands/
    Yeah I got some last words, f**k all of y'all/
    Stop writin' raps and go play volleyball/
    -Slug

Vehicle
    umm i think its www.adireaudio.com not sure tho, and their shiva and brahma series subs have insane xmax, somthing like 28mm linear xmax.... my old mtx subs had 8mm i think.

Vehicle
    '92 Toyota Paseo
    You got it right, www.adireaudio.com You can also get them from www.ampmanaudio.com too.

I convinced my friend to buy 2 Shivas... now he has nearly the loudest system in town. 2 Shiva's getting over 1000 watts split between them = insane loudness, and still unbelievable sound quality. And it only cost him $250 for the subs...

The Brahma has about 28 mm of Xmax... the Shiva is closer to 18 mm (I think).

Also check out www.edesignaudio.com
    They make awesome awesome subs too. I just ordered an E12k from them yesterday for my friend who I am building a system for.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i Hatchback
    Originally posted by loco87
    i did it once. i had a 84 s-10 ex-cab with 4 lanzar 12's and 2 hifonics 1000 watt mono amps, a 5 farad cap a high output alt. i hit 164.7 db. it was ok i guess

REALLY....164.7??? with results like that you should be going PRO...since pro's go around 155-170...last i heard the record was in the middle 170's.

http://www.termpro.com/asp/worldrecords2.asp

With your class you would pull 1st everytime...I believe that you would be in classes Street 1-2 or Street 3-4

maybe ill see your car there some day.
    www.geocities.com/geezpict/bumb

Vehicle
    Yeah thats what i was thinking, i mean you hit 164.7 with only 4 12s and 2 Hifonics amps? Thats hard to do. Most people with that kind of set up only hit mid 150s. You should be damn proud. With 1/2 the power you had and half the subs you did i only hit a 145.6, which is loud but 164 would prolly be at or near world record level in db drag 3-4

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 honda accord dx
    i have 2 12's and 2 amps one per sub and i hit 152db i have 2 kenwood 600 watt amps and 2 power acoustik fubr series 12's

Vehicle
    '92 Toyota Paseo
    I GOTTA call BS on that 164. 164 db is RIDICULOUSLY loud. You either need a BUNCH of power or a BUNCH of woofers, or a very well designed box, or all of the above.

The guy said he did it once... if you do it ONCE and hit those numbers... things are wrong... I know people that compete, and have a very nice systems (not Lanzar ) and struggle to break 155.

Sorry, but I don't believe that.

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    I agree. no flame war intended.

Vehicle
    Ford work Van
    http://www.ampmanaudio.com/products/details.asp?id=911
    i'll take one of these....

Man, I never heard of these brands. Thanks for the info!
    sorry guys v8's rule

Vehicle
    who knows, the mics can be WAY off at times... And btw i did know a guy with 4 12s sealed (lanzar DC pros) and he hit 154 somthing with less power than that, which is pretty good.

Vehicle
    '92 Toyota Paseo
    154 I can believe... 154 is realistic with that many woofers, and less than 2000 watts. 164, on the other hand, is totally unrealistic for that many woofers and 2000 watts.

It was only a few years ago when 165 was the world record... and it took massive amounts of woofers and watts to hit that.

goldyaccord:
    That Brahma 12" is an absolutely amazing sub. It has a QTC of .707 in about a 1 cubic foot box, which means it plays near perfectly (perfect blend of loudness and transient response) in a tiny box! They get unbelievably loud and are unbelievably good at reproducing music. As good, if not better (depends on the install) as a JL 12W7... for $300 or so dollars cheaper.

Vehicle
    Ford work Van
    Originally posted by 87DXHatch
    154 I can believe... 154 is realistic with that many woofers, and less than 2000 watts. 164, on the other hand, is totally unrealistic for that many woofers and 2000 watts.

It was only a few years ago when 165 was the world record... and it took massive amounts of woofers and watts to hit that.

goldyaccord:
    That Brahma 12" is an absolutely amazing sub. It has a QTC of .707 in about a 1 cubic foot box, which means it plays near perfectly (perfect blend of loudness and transient response) in a tiny box! They get unbelievably loud and are unbelievably good at reproducing music. As good, if not better (depends on the install) as a JL 12W7... for $300 or so dollars cheaper.
    I know what your sayin. Afew years ago I had a JL 10 W6. It hit clean.

One of the reasons i'm going go with those brands. I want some quality equipment in the jaguar.

The Jaguar's Stock stereo is produced by Alpine. They are stock with 4 speakers with seperate tweeters. and a 6 cd Changer, Also produced by Alpine.

I do know that I'm Going to go with a high end Alpine unit. As for the rest of the speakers. I'm not sure what I'll do. I was goin to do the Kappa series but then when I ran into you and the sites. I changed my mind. I want quality stuff.

Could you point me in the right direction as for component sets and some amps? as for the subs. I'll get those Brahma's.
    sorry guys v8's rule