Thread: 86 Prelude Windshield wiper switch

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude Si

86 Prelude Windshield wiper switch

I own a 1986 Prelude Si and the other day when I tried to use the sprayer the whole handle came off in my hand? has this happened to anyone else? How do I go about replacing this?

Vehicle
    86 Accord DX four-door sedan

Re: 86 Prelude Windshield wiper switch

I had the blinker side break on my 86 accord and couldn't find one in a junkyard. Also Honda discontinued selling it so that was a no go. Found a replacement at autozone for $330 ish ($30 more then I payed for the car) Not sure if the Lude ones are like the accord's or not but if they are you have to replace the whole combination switch. Not sure if this will help you or if I made the link correctly but here goes. https://www.3geez.com/forum/how/41956...on-switch.html

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

the Lude combination swtch is just like the accord and most other Honda's of this era, it's one piece, try putting up a post on prelude power, and some of these vintage Honda sites and someone probably has one, you may have to get one that has other issues and use it to repair yours

Vehicle
    86 Accord DX four-door sedan

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    the Lude combination swtch is just like the accord and most other Honda's of this era, it's one piece, try putting up a post on prelude power, and some of these vintage Honda sites and someone probably has one, you may have to get one that has other issues and use it to repair yours
    I did find out that a broken blinker arm of an 86 accord can be swaped out with a non broken one from a different 86, without removing the whole combination switch. Saved some time putting my car back together and I can save the junkyard switch for parts

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

save every piece of these switches you can, you never know what you might need, I think the ludes had headlight relays, on the Accords the low beam contacts burn out

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude Si

Thanks guys this helped me wrap my head around the issue! I found a diagram on all data and I'm headed to pick and pull this weekend ill post pics later.