Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to pass the sniffer?

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX (Carb <--*flame... FWOOSH*)

Re: How to pass the sniffer?

Quote Originally Posted by A20A1 View Post
    Can you add this to the weber jet thread, if it's still around, or I can do it, just want to make sure you get the credit.
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/carbureto...izes-dcoe.html
    Sure, I can do so now if it hasn't been added.

I probably should have updated you guys sooner, but as Cygnus was thinking, the 40 idle jets were a bit too small, and I got tired of lurching around when the car still hadn't come to full temp (and even then it was still lurching).
    I put in 45's and rolled with it, it's still lurchy up until the water temp goes past the low bar, and when its warm its ok.

I was getting 30mpg at the beginning with the 40's, & it dropped to ~28 +/- 1.5 when I put in the 45's & the 15" wheels (wrapped by 205/55/15's).

Now I'm getting a steady 26.5-27 & I think it's because the air filter is caked over in dirt from the past year... Now I'm learning that the small 1 7/8" filter should be washed/oiled pretty often.
    Plus I started to mess with the timing thinking that I could try straight mechanical advance (not bad, but I think I set it too high on the first try, it wasn't pinging, but felt like it was running into a wall over 3k rpm) I set it to the middle of the 3 marks that you're supposed to align to while the vac advance is hooked up. Now that I put it back to that mark with the vac advance hooked up, it's gutless, makes a lot of noise, with low power.

I noticed that my AFR was a bit leaner with the mechanical advance, but I gotta figure out how to set it at a good point where the motor isn't banging itself to hell... (ideas?)

Thanks!

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Re: How to pass the sniffer?

Using the 32/36 I would put in 55 idle primary jet 50 secondary/set up by backing off the curb idle stop screw on the linkage as much at it will go and still keep the car running. Then bring the timing up a hair till the motor idles enough to back that stop screw more if possible. Then set the timing at around 17btc just a hair over recommended. Then adjust the mixture screws to between 1 and 2 turns out, best idle hopefully falls in @ 1.5 ish turns out. From there make small adjustments to get your desired idle. This procedure assures the proper transition of flow circuits and best throttle response & mpg.
    Also would get the 5 inch top hat adapter so you can use a standard 4bbl low profile air breather....makes a huge difference