Thread: OBD1, Hesitation on throttle

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord DX

Unhappy OBD1, Hesitation on throttle

So i've got an 89 accord, obd1 converted, skunk2 b18 intake, skunk2 68mm throttle body, xenocron 255 fuel pump, stock injectors, stock map sensor, delta 272, Pacesetter headers, no cat or muffler, P06 ecu with hondarulez rtp. I have been trying to diagnose this for weeks and I cant figure it out. If I start from a dead stop and throttle a little to take off it hesitates but will go with low power and vacuum. If im moving and I go anywhere over about 8% throttle it leans out according to my wideband to 20 AFR and vacuum drops to around 10 or less the more throttle I give it. WOT gives me almost 0 vacuum. If I hold the throttle while moving in any gear to around 8% on flat ground I have about 15-18 inches of vacuum and the wideband tells me its running between 8-10 AFR. I have replaced the map sensor, tps, rebuilt the block because of bad rings, swapped the ECU for another P06, tried stock B20 and B16 maps. I'm at a loss here. What I find most odd is that it goes full rich at light throttle and full lean at anything above 8%. If the injectors were not firing correctly or the pump was bad, it would be lean no matter what. Input please?
    1989 Accord DX converted to EFI and OBD1 on P06 Ecu using Hondarulez RTP
    Blaster 2 Coil, Pacesetter Headers, 4G Injectors, 4G Alternator, Skunk 2 B18 ITM, Skunk 2 68mm TB, Delta 272, Xenocron 255 FP, wire tuck, fuse box and battery relocation.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

Re: OBD1, Hesitation on throttle

Hondarulez rtp? You mean neptune? I would say start by ruinng a p75 basemap not b16. Disable ELD. do you have your wideband wired to your ecu? It sounds like you might not have the voltage inverted (or calibrated) for reading a wideband signal vs the stock narrowband.

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

Re: OBD1, Hesitation on throttle

So it was in the tuning?
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR