Thread: Aloha 3geez

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Accord LXi

Aloha 3geez

What's up guys, figured I'd do the obligatory and share my newest vehicle to get my feet wet here... It was a matter of chance that I came across the car but it was a pretty good deal so I jumped on it... '86 Accord LXi hatchback, 5 spd 151k decently clean and solid all around. Thankfully the previous owner never drove it on our salt covered NY roads for it's entire life so the rust is minimal. Apparently he never even registered it, was a family gift sort of deal and he only started it up every 3-4 months to drive it around the block.

Never owned a Honda before but it's pretty exciting given how awesome these older cars are... definitely looking forward to having a lot of fun with this and maybe some basic performance modification (it was $300), but for now the main goal is just to get it on the road and back in the groove. Are there any specific areas that have known issues with these... my last cheap experiment car was a subie and with that it was the head gasket around 100k, ya know is there an equivalent with Honda's that should be checked out around certain mileages etc etc

Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	accordion.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	7016  

DX User
    Vehicle
    86 hatch

Re: Aloha 3geez

Hi! Welcome to Honda, just change all the fluids, do a tune up and you're good to go.

Oh and check the rolling resistance of the front wheels, the calipers can stick.

Vehicle
    87 Hatch

Re: Aloha 3geez

Welcome to the forum, and great find!!
    Andrew.

My hatch build thread(started in winter of 07).