Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idle Problem?

DX User
    Vehicle
    '89 Accord LXi Coupe
    Thanks. Are those serviceable? Would I be able to clean it out, or is this a "replace only" part?

LX User
    Vehicle
    89' LX-i Accord
    you could clean it with carb cleaner. It might fix it. But in the end you will have to change it.
    Short Ram Intake.
    Pacesetter Catback.
    MSD coil.
    ACT Stage 2 Clutch.
    Custom Short shifter.
    Drop Zone Coil Overs.
    20% Tints.
    Pioneer DEH4400.
    Pioneer 3 ways.
    RF Amp, 12" HX2.

Vehicle
    accord 20i 16 v b20a2
    i think that the problem is tps, i has the same problem when i got my car, i agree with luis 89lxi, is better if you change or check it.
    try it
    up the irons

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LX-I 3Door
    Same problem here, but ill drive for maybe 4-8 minutes, and my PGM-FI light comes on, then back to bouncing rpms agian. ECU spit out code 12, but none of my parts stores cary a valve lift sensor, or have even heard of it, is this the corect word for it, could it be called a solenoid also?

-Pister-*86 hatch lx-i
    I Love Code 12

DX User
    Vehicle
    '89 Accord LXi Coupe
    I tightened down the fast idle valve, cleaned it out, still surged. I finally had to "bite the bullet" and go down to Honda dealer parts dept. and buy a new one for $57.00. Took 20 min. to install, and it works perfect. Surging is GONE!!

DX User
    Vehicle
    86/Honda/Accord lxi
    Hey you all. my car have the same problem but now it does it all the time. i drive it for a while and put the car in park. it still surges. and even sometimes when i am driving. and don't have my foot on the gas but i am just costing. i can feel the car and see the rev go up a little. i don't know what the hell is wrong. people say that the fast idle valve is the problem but i don't know where the hell it is. i can't find it in the car manual. anyways can anybody show me a pic of where it is and how do i know if it is bad. thank you.
    tiga
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog.

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LXi Automatic & 88 Prelude 2.0Si Automatic

Smile

I had the same problem in my 86Lxi, I bought a new JDM engine(same specs) and had it replaced, when I got it back the idle would jump up and down. I went back to my mechanic and we both trouble shot the car. Found out that we had to adjust the idle on a screw on the throttle body right near the intake. Runs great now.

This in for a EFI LXi not carb.

DX User
    Vehicle
    86/Honda/Accord lxi
    Originally posted by 1funryd
    I had the same problem in my 86Lxi, I bought a new JDM engine(same specs) and had it replaced, when I got it back the idle would jump up and down. I went back to my mechanic and we both trouble shot the car. Found out that we had to adjust the idle on a screw on the throttle body right near the intake. Runs great now.

This in for a EFI LXi not carb.
    Hey thanks man, i will try that tommorrow morning. you said the srew near the intake. looking at the engine. left or right of it. i am sorry. i am not really familiear where every thing is in the honda.
    tiga

Vehicle
    accord 20i 16 v b20a2
    i had same problem and check everything, new tps, distribuitor repair and idle selenoid but the problem went the fuel inyectors,if the co2 is too much higth you can try fitting in the potenciometer but is not posible you have fuel inyector problem.
    remove the inyectors and clean with ultrasonic wash machine or put new ones, sure is the solution.
    up the irons

DX User
    Vehicle
    86/Honda/Accord lxi
    Originally posted by pedrosa
    i had same problem and check everything, new tps, distribuitor repair and idle selenoid but the problem went the fuel inyectors,if the co2 is too much higth you can try fitting in the potenciometer but is not posible you have fuel inyector problem.
    remove the inyectors and clean with ultrasonic wash machine or put new ones, sure is the solution.
    sorry man, i didn't understand a word you just said.
    tiga

DX User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LX-i / 94 Suzuki Sidekick
    This happened to me a few months ago. I havent drove it in a while & I think that why it was doing this.
    Anyway to fix this I sprayed carb cleaner into the intake & then when that didnt work, while the car was still in park I slamed on the gas real quick a few times & I guess thats what cleared out the problem.
    I never had this problem again. I guess that solved it.

Vehicle
    1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i, 1989 Sei(Project Honda SVX)
    My car is doin the same thing....I'm going to look at it tomorrow morning....But I had one more question....With the surge...do your lights and other accessories dim a little?....I have a growin laundry list of alt. problems...N I'm not to sure of the problem....
    Thanx
    Jade