Thread: clear front turn signal help

Vehicle
    '95 del Sol VTEC

Arrow clear front turn signal help

okay i've read the how to but i still cant get the damn things apart. i cant even see the glue all i see is 2 plastic pieces. is there a way i can break the seal a little easier??? like maybe alcohol or finger nail polish or maybe even hot water???
    -T.C.

Originally posted by HostileJava
    are you making fun of me because I think coroncho80 is hot?

Vehicle
    '95 Supra, '08 CBR 600RR, '89 LX-i Coupe (R.I.P.), '88 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.), '87 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.)
    i know exactly how you feel when i first took mine off i couldn't tell were the glue was it took me forever to figure out what was the glue. then it took me forever and a half to get the dang things off. i'm sure it woulda been hella easier with a blow dryer. i like how they look when they're done though, i just need hyperwhites for them, and i wish they were as clear as mikes mine are all foggy like
    Greg

1989 LX-i 2dr 5spd (R.I.P.)

2008 CBR 600RR -- 1995 Toyota Supra NA -- 2013 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX Sedan (auto), 1988 Toyota Camry Wagon (auto), ...
    I'm having this problem also, i was just trying to take them apart and ended up breaking a little peice of plastic off... and if I hold them up to the light and look closely you can see the greyish plastic part (base) and the clear part with another material in between. Is this the original glue used?

I'm , and have come to a point where I'll pay someone to do it for me... yo, Mike, wanna make $25+?

Same is true with clearing out the reflector for the side markers (and chroming the inside), smoking out the other parts of the side marker besides the reflector, and smoking out the tail lights, if anyone wants to do it for me...

Bumper Lights, Side Markers, and Tail Lights = $150ish
    Clear out the tail light turn signals (yellow part) = another $70ish
    (Prices are negociable)

Thanks

Emcees drag their feet across a big naked land/
    With an empty bag of seed and a fake shake of hands/
    Yeah I got some last words, f**k all of y'all/
    Stop writin' raps and go play volleyball/
    -Slug

Vehicle
    Originally posted by maka_RTH
    i know exactly how you feel when i first took mine off i couldn't tell were the glue was it took me forever to figure out what was the glue. then it took me forever and a half to get the dang things off.
    What were your EXACT steps in removing the pieces? Just sawing away with an Xacto Knife at the material between the clear and grey plastics?... i don't think that particular part was explained very well in the How-To.

BTW, 88 Accord DX, I thought you could only do any clearing modifications with LX, LXi, and SEi variations of the Accord... I'm not completely sure, but I don't think you can do anything with the DX front bumper turn signals. Does everyone know something that I don't? Educate me, please...

-Slug

Vehicle
    93 Integra LS-S
    A blow dryer and the thinnest flat-head screw driver you could find will do the job. When I did mines, I didn't use any of them. Instead, I used a kitchen knife, but they still turned out good.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-roy
    Street racing is for idiots.

Vehicle
    '95 Supra, '08 CBR 600RR, '89 LX-i Coupe (R.I.P.), '88 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.), '87 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.)
    Originally posted by DigitaLuminescence
    What were your EXACT steps in removing the pieces? Just sawing away with an Xacto Knife at the material between the clear and grey plastics?... i don't think that particular part was explained very well in the How-To.
    yah, basically. i read in a how-to somewhere to get a blowdryer or whatever to help soften the glue up. i wish i woulda done this, cuz that glue was pretty hard.
    Greg

Vehicle
    I'm having this problem also, i was just trying to take them apart and ended up breaking a little peice of plastic off... and if I hold them up to the light and look closely you can see the greyish plastic part (base) and the clear part with another material in between. Is this the original glue used?
    yah, that stuff inbetween would be the glue, it seems like plastic though...
    Greg

SEi User
    Vehicle
    '89 Accord LXi Coupe w/Sunroof

BTW, 88 Accord DX, I thought you could only do any clearing modifications with LX, LXi, and SEi variations of the Accord... I'm not completely sure, but I don't think you can do anything with the DX front bumper turn signals. Does everyone know something that I don't? Educate me, please...
    ill do your sidemarker lights. we can discuss price in a pm. here is a pic of what i did to mine.

ACT Stage 1, Short Ram Intake & 2.25 Dynomax custom catback w/4inch carbon fiber tip. Thats it for now.

Putting the paint back on after

SOMEONE STOLE MY PAINT!!!!!

Vehicle
    i might do my side markers eventually, but i'm gonna do my tails as soon as i can get myself another set to throw on my car while i make my currents ones clear(they're cracked in a couple spots). the otehr set that i get i'm gonna paint candy apple red
    Greg

Vehicle
    '95 del Sol VTEC

all 88-89's can have clear blinkers
    -T.C.

Originally posted by HostileJava
    are you making fun of me because I think coroncho80 is hot?

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    All I used is my heat gun and dremel tool.

Vehicle
    Originally posted by 88 Accord DX
    all 88-89's can have clear blinkers
    Sorry, just being stupid...

-Slug

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Yes they do have clear blinkers but usually they're cracked, scratched, or scuffed up. And when you take the amber lense out of them they're clear. I used plexi glass for mine. They look a lot better if you replace the stock lense covers.