Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A20 Carb Supercharger

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

Re: A20 Carb Supercharger

there is some stickied info internals that fit with some modifications. Just be sure to do ur research

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord dx

The problem with the A/C spot is the fact that I am running a carb & intending on draw through. This would require the gas & fuel to travel against gravity & create lag & fuel pooling. If I was running an A20A3 with EFI the A/C Bracket would be super easy (this has been done with civics on youtube).

Thanks TDurr-- after the SC is on, I will super look into the stickies & all over the internet for clues. My last resort will be to call this shop in San Jose thats known for this sort of thing. I'm proudly built not bought, so that is only If I can't figure it out.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

I got you. Pooling fuel isn't good.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord dx

I am still working on the Supercharger project.

More excuses:
    Master cylinder was leaking. Caused pedal to sink to floor, but pedal returns to normal after a pump or two. I took it out, found lots of surface rust on the brake booster. Stripped rust, cleaned firewall, painted brakebooster with 500* engine paint 2 days ago-- will re-assemble tonight hopefully.

One taillight was cracked. The other's lense was separated from the housing. I tried fully removing the lense and made it worse. Ordered new tails & am blackening slightly to make all 3 match. Left the center backup lights clear & doin 5 coats of gloss on all 3.

My turbo benz needed new front shocks. Eazy as pie, but did 2 hours of cleaning and hunting for oil leaks while I was at it. found 2 diesel leaks on the engine --I am working on this week so Accord SS is on hold.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

cant wait to see the finished project. thanks for the updates. Yes these are old cars and maintenance will have come first like your brakes.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord dx

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda View Post
    cant wait to see the finished project. thanks for the updates. Yes these are old cars and maintenance will have come first like your brakes.
    Absolutely! I just pulled the wipers & the panel that covers the wiper unit while re-sealing the front windshiled. Found rust, will have to remove it & primer/paint. I found a new carter fuel pump to engage with my pedal switch at the same time as the supercharger to keep from leaning out I plan to tee into the fuel line close to the tank to have a separate jet/ injector in the manifold run from the carter pump.

Lots of wiring to do. My new intake manifold felpro gaskets came in. Just got to finish hacking out the divider in the intake manifold-- about halfway through & I can install my modded manifold. Pics to come.

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Sounds like a sweet build, but we need updates and pics!

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord dx

Been sick lately & bombarded with holidays & work. I am at this point planning how to controll the SC14 once installed. The Rev limiter noises I hear online make me horny, so I am looking into an MSD ignition box, as someone pointed out earlier. The one I purchase would have to include the timing & 2 step functions like the ones for nitrous. Pictures soon to come. Just making the manifold, Sc14, and pulley look pretty at this point.

Can anyone recommend a specific MSD ignition box model?
    Also, does anyone know where to find a wiring diagram for a20 a1?
    I only found 5-6 threads on this topic, but they were spotty on these 2 details... peeps just confirmed it was possible. One had a diagram, but it looked like it was for EFI.
    Last edited by mdauriemma; 12-02-2015 at 07:50 PM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord dx

Update.
    The savings from purchasing the 6 BTM (boost timing master) rather than a 6 & the boost module are about $65 after all this, not to mention less space & weight. I ordered the 6BTM with 2 day shipping; will hook it up Thursday night.

After some forum browsing, I did find the wiring diagram for the msd box on our cars. Basically we do not use the grey tach wire & violet/green magnet pickup wires. We simply use the msd box inline with the coil, that is the small red/ white wires go in place of the coil hookup, and the orange/black wires will go to my new BLASTER 2 coil! So exciting.

The 6 BTM allows you to hookup your manifold to get a boost reading. This will be perfect.

That magically horny noise I was talking about is a product of spark being cut to one cylinder at rev limit. This will be amplified with forced induction because of extra-unburnt fuel, due to the supercharger's larger fuel requirements.

I have 2 items left to obtain before my assembly. An idler pulley for my adjustable bracket (found in a wrecking yard) & a belt just like our main belt, but shorter in length.

It may seem like I am dicking around, but a lot of planning has to go in this project in order to create the shortest down-time period possible. I need to have the car running (with the super charger in place but not necessarily functional) within one week from the start for street cleaning (i live in San Francisco now).
    Last edited by mdauriemma; 12-16-2015 at 09:33 AM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord dx

an sc14 will not fit in the ac compressor spot. The rear is too close to the exhaust manifold for my comfort. F.Y.I.
    Last edited by mdauriemma; 03-29-2016 at 09:28 PM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord dx

MSD BTM 6, coil, and boost gauge installed
    Routed oil cooler lines & relocated oil filter.
    working on re-routing power steering lines to make room for my double waterpump pulley. I will use braided ss hose; bought it & hope its the right size.

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

I never saw this thread before... Cool build. Hope to see more updates and pictures soon.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

Needs more pics

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord dx

Ending thread. It will take way too much modification to make a supercharger fit on the a20. I will post a turbo draw through build soon, with pics and vids past tense.