Thread: 89 Accord LX (want to delete everything)

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX sedan

89 Accord LX (want to delete everything)

I'll make it simple. I have not found anyone running carb with everything deleted and a full wire tuck. My first endeavor is to keep it carb'd, and approach it like any other old school carb'd engine build. I've been building cars for years, I'm under no impression that I'll see any major power gains, just want to do a fun clean engine bay. It'll be enjoyable because my only goal is to have it run well. Rather than spending big dough only to see minimal gain (remaining carb'd). I've already collected everything I could find on the weber conversion, so I'm feeling good about that portion. I want to delete A/C, cruise control, P/S, and anything else I possibly can. I'm going to see what I can get rid of as far as vac lines and wiring. Please post everything you've deleted, with breif instruction or link to build, even the smallest thing. After I've talked with you guys directly a bit, I'll go ahead and combine the info I've collected and make a nice, clean build thread specifically for deletes, tucks, and general engine bay mods. I think us carb'd guys could make it more fun. Please don't bother with warnings unless it effects the engine/drivetrain in a destructive way. This is no longer my daily, I have no life, only go watch races on the weekends, and I work 8 blocks from my house. I have accepted the consequences of my actions already. Lets f***in' do this. I hope this post is still considered for this particular section. Thanks in advance.
    I like Hondas, and people who like Hondas.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Re: 89 Accord LX (want to delete everything)

LOL. As to the PS delete, there isn't a manual rack available for these cars. Driving a PS rack without assist is a drag. Mostly because you spend a lot of effort moving all the old fluid through all the channels in the rack. Not trying to talk you out of it, just want you thinking about work-arounds early on.

Good luck with the project.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

https://www.3geez.com/forum/carbureto...ifold+egrodomy <<click on that

thats an A20A1 manifold on a B20A
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 07-27-2015 at 03:59 PM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 accord dx hatchback

im in the same mind set man with an 87 accord dx. i found this. big time help. https://www.3geez.com/forum/how/11067...-contorls.html

Ive talked with c-hutch he has a full wire tuck on his stock carb