Thread: Question about accelerator cable

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX

Question about accelerator cable

Hi I'm lx 86

I'm new here but I have come here from time to time to get some info. I have a 86 Honda Accord LX, 2bbl carb, 2.0L, auto tran and AC. I recently had the carb replaced and my mechanic says I need a new accelerator cable. I of course have been having a problem doing that since the car is so old. The problem is the cable on my car is not only discontinued I noticed it is not 1 separate cable. Mines has 1 grommet that is molded around the 2 cables. Both are connected to the gas pedal. 1 cable is connected to the carb and the other to the trans. It was sold as 1 part with 2 cables coming out of 1 grommet.

Later Honda changed that style and made this part into 2 separate individual cables. Probably repairing it was easier if 1 cable went bad.

I'm having a problem of course finding this. Does anyone know where I can get a used replacement or aftermarket part. I have the part # for my cable: Throttle wire 17910-SE0-A81. I'm looking for the double cable part but will also accept the 2 separate cable version if that's still around.

Unfortunately when Honda made this into 2 separate wires the throttle wire had the same part# as the double wire version for some reason but the wire that goes to the trans I haven't been able to find a Part # for.

Maybe someone here has one in good condition that they would be willing to sell to me

Thanks

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Dx

Re: Question about accelerator cable

This should help you find what you need

https://www.3geez.com/forum/carbureto...tle-cable.html