Thread: Suspension Help

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R

Suspension Help

I currently have 17in rims ( 205/40 ) on my chickmagnet of a car...
    But since I purchased the rims..The ride has become a reaL drag..new york city streets are a rough ride..
    I want to upgrade my whole suspension...But I do not want to lower the car..
    Any suggestions??

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Sure I'll help you, but first,....Define, "I want to upgrade my whole suspension" In other words, what does that mean to you.

And can you tell me how the car rides on your 17" rims and tires that has you thinking this way, your answer will help me.:smokin:

Vehicle
    Thanx JIMS!!
    ok.. what I mean by upgrade the suspension..I would like to replace most of the original suspension with performance parts..( shocks , struts and what ever else helps ) bare with me..I am new to this..
    My problem with the 17inch rims, is that now i feel every creavice and bump on the road..potholes nad deep manhole covers I just try to avoid. I just want to have a smoother ride..Let me know what u think..

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    OK, get 16" wheels and tires Just kidding. Well I've seen how tall the sidewall is on your tires so I kinda understand why you feel the way you do. I'd have to say that if you ever did lower your car, it would compound what your feeling now. What tires are you running? What air pressures are you running?

The best solution I can think of is to install at set of struts that are not performace geared. One's that are NOT MENT FOR lowering springs and ment for comfort and smooth ride. That would be KYB GR-2's. But do not get them if you think you might possiblily lower your car in the future. www.tirerack.com has them for hecka cheap. They are valved as oem replacements.
    But even with these struts you may no find happiness. The way your talking about how you feel, is one of the reason's I did not go with 17" rims and tires. Oh BTW, I can tell you from experience that going with a firmer strut like Koni's would NOT be a good idea in your case. Tokico H.P.'s would be a litte firmer than the kyb's if you wanted a 2nd choice.

Vehicle
    87 3G RIP, 95 KA7, 95 5G Coupe

mannn....

I'm just replying to you saying your car is a chicmagnet.
    what good is it doing you if the girls are looking at your car and not you.
    And if they do look at you because of your car, you still gotta have game to spit.

Vehicle
    Thanx for the advice..:p I was checking out the site..I was actually interested in purchasing some kyb, just did not know with ones.. i still have the original tires that came with the rims.. I think they are called ventur or venture.. I have to check..I don't plan to lower my car, the ride is already rough. Hey! I also want to upgrade my brake set.. any suggestions? I want everything new from drums to rotors, etc..