Thread: Which carb rebuild kit do I need for my UK gen 2 Prelude 1.8 EX non CVCC

DX User
    Vehicle
    '85 Prelude EX 1.8 Manual

Which carb rebuild kit do I need for my UK gen 2 Prelude 1.8 EX dual carb non CVCC

Hi all, help needed please my lude needs a carb rebuild, the diaphragm is perished & is leaking fuel and generally runs like shite. I can't work out which is the right kit for my car. It's for a gen 2 lude with the dual carburetor by the way.

I need to buy a carb rebuild kit from the States because there's none for sale in the UK.

I've got a printout of the Honda UK part numb for my carb from the local dealer, the UK Honda part no's are different to the US ones but my part number is 16100-PC7-604 & in the description it says VF53A E and the heading on the sheet says E-1 Carburettor.

The markings written on the carb are (s207) PC7 HF2 and C7.

I've seen some on ebay for K2 & K3 carburetors but I don't know whether mine is K2 or K3.

About CVCC, I thought it was just on California cars but from what Ive been just reading it was in all US ludes at the time is that right? If so that means any kit I buy from the US will be made for CVCC & will the carb rebuild parts fit my non CVCC?

I was told on PreludePower that an accord kit wont fit because the accord has a downdraught 2 barrel carb & gen 2 ludes have side draughts. I've looked on Rock Auto which list these for my car:

RockAuto Parts Catalog

It has two 2 bbl kits, the top one "KEMPARTS 15886" & the second from bottom one "AIRTEX / WELLS 2G1408" but I think the Kemparts one is more likely to be fit because the same Airtex Wells 2G1408 part is also listed for the 1985 Accord which apparently has different carbs.

Can anyone offer any advice in finding a kit that will definately fit my non CVCC gen 2 lude? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JayDee2G; 10-17-2015 at 04:55 AM.