Thread: Another Question:

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX Sedan (auto), 1988 Toyota Camry Wagon (auto), ...

Question Another Question:

How would you go about removing the air pan thingy-mabober above the carburator (you know, that black thing that houses the air filter)?

I can't find any screws or bolts, and even if I did, I probably wouldn't want to turn them and risk screwing something up. I'm not the most technically or mechanically inclined individual on the planet. I guess I'm a few french fries short of a Happy Meal in that sense.

Help me.

Emcees drag their feet across a big naked land/
    With an empty bag of seed and a fake shake of hands/
    Yeah I got some last words, f**k all of y'all/
    Stop writin' raps and go play volleyball/
    -Slug

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    there is 2 closely spaced nuts on top of the valve cover (not the 3 main nuts that hold the valve cover to the head) unscrew those 2 nuts.

then there are 2 nuts either 10mm or they are hand tightened wingnuts on top of the lid for the air cleaner. Remove those 2 as well.

then pop the 5 or so metal clips that are securing the rim of the lid to the air box.

next remove the tubes from the right side of the air box. one is from the pcv filter and the other larger one is for the as valve.

now in the center of the air cleaner there is a brass metal screen with 2 more 10mm nuts... remove those and pop the screen off. then wiggle the entire air box till it comes off the carb, only lift it part way... there will be a few vacuum lines under the carb you have to disconnect to get the air box completely out.

This is a link to the vacuum lines you disconnect when removing the air cleaner.
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12208
    Last edited by A20A1; 01-15-2003 at 02:22 PM.
    - llia