Thread: Just bought

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord DX

Just bought

Hey, I just bought a Progress Camber Kit and Black carpet for the car....does anyone know if these two things are a pian to put in? The carpet is molded for my car, so I hope it will be easy. But I don't know about the camber kit....is that difficult putting it in yourself? Thanks.

Peace.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, Pontiac Sunfire Convertible, & 1979 Corvette
    The camber kit shoud be installed by a qualified person. It is very hard to do an alignment without knowing what adjustments affect what. (If that makes any sense.)

Lowering your car not only affects camber but also turn in, actual alignment and caster to a lesser degree. To correctly do a 4 wheel alignment on a car, you have to adjust camber, caster, wheel alignment, and the radius rods. (fronts) No one I know can correctly eyeball an alignment and get it 100% right after changing the ride height of a car. I can eyeball it after the toe has been set as well as the camber but that is about it.

Banned
    carpet is simple, im not typing it all over again...its under the title of "Complete interior conversion" or color interior conversion or something I replied about.

Nate.

SEi User
    i wouldnt of gotten a camber kit dude, you should of just gotten some prelude arms, alot easier and cheaper, you can put them on yourslef in 30minutes and with the camber kit you have to take it to the shop and have someone install it and costs alot more....just my $0.02

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord DX
    Thanks. Friend, who is a mechanic and knows everything about cars, told me that he could put it in, eyeball it close, then told me to go get an alignment afterwards, and I should be set. I hope he's right or I'll be driving home crooked. Thanks for the info on the carpet Nate, yours looks great, good work...how long did it take? Were you the only one working on it, or did you have some help? Thanks again for all the info.
    Peace.

Banned
    The install took me 3 hours or so and yes I did it by myself. It just takes a lot of tweaking to get it how you want it.

Mike89LXI: You think that you have to take your car to a shop to have a camber kit put in? haha. Do you know what a camber kit looks like? Its as easy to put in a camber kit as it is to install prelude arms! The ingalls camber kit replaces the bolt that goes through the arm, and then replaces the bolts that go into the chassis. This is MUCH easier then taking the whole arm out and putting another one in. It took me a max of 30 min to put my ingalls kit in.......have a shop do it? Yeah right. It has to be taken to the shop for alignment, but for the install......that just made me laugh.

Nate.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    where did you order black carpet from? 1aauto.com? thats the place nate told me to order it from... and if so, was it $150 ish.... i am gonna order some carpet soon as well!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord DX
    I ordered my carpet from http://www.autoupholsterykits.com/carpet.html#honda

It was $99 w/padding and all, $13 to ship to my house, so a total of $112. Pretty good I must say.

Peace.

Vehicle
    N/A for the public eyes;)
    Hey Accord Dude, im located in Augusta, Ga and ive got a question. Do you know if Show Zone Customs has a wab site?
    My boy Brian got a couple of things done to his purple S-10 by them.
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord DX
    Yeah, their website is www.theshowzone.com They're down the street from me, but they are pretty pricy with their products, but it's a nice place.
    Peace.

SEi User
    nate, im soooooo sorry for my incorrect information. but you know what? i still saved over $100 by getting prelude arms instead of the ingalls kit you have...

Vehicle
    1991 Supra Turbo W/ 12k Miles
    lol @ Nate & Mike... way to go at it guys...
    ~Nathan~

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
    ~StOcK PiCs~