If this has been asked/answered already please point me in the right direction. I have tried search but as I am using Tapatalk on my phone I don't know if the app is stuffed or I actually had no results.

I know what an oil catch can does and why it exists, and I saw a Datsun with an SR20 swap that had a nice looking oil catch can. I like how it looks but would it work on the A20? I know that most engines benefit from an oil breather because the crankcase vents upwards or something (technical terms are on vacation from my brain right now) but I remember reading that newer Honda engines such as D series and B series actually use the vacuum from the intake to suck the oil down the crankcase rather than blowing it, increasing blow-by. I apologise for my appallingly simple explanations, but I hope you get the idea.

I see quite a few A20 engines with breather vents, which leads me to believe that a catch can would work also. So does it suck or blow? And moreover, is a catch can even worth getting?