Thread: I got an 89 LX today

Vehicle
    2006 Honda Civic LX

I got an 89 LX today

Well, I have been savin up a little money, and I had to give my brother his Jeep back. So I picked up an 89 LX 4 door today. Only 99,000 miles on it, the guy gave me MANY reciepts for it. New water pump, timing belt, etc... Its white, body is in decent shape, but needs a little work. The interior is really clean. It has the dark red interior. AC and everything works. Only thing that I REALLY dont like, is that it is an AUTO. But I had to get a car, and I really couldn't pass it up. But the tranny shifts WAAAAAAAY better than my sisters LXI. She has almost 200,000 miles on it tho lol. Ill take some pics and post them up when I get my sisters Digicam. I guess Ill be posting much more here now lol.

tim

Vehicle
    2000 ACCORD LX/ bro- 02 CIVIC EX
    nice that you finally got a car....and yea auto sux i have it too....have ne plans with the carb?? you can do a weber on that hehe or you can just flip your lid for now...only takes like 5 minutes

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Talk to A20A1 about doing the Weber conversion. He has an auto also. You have to mod the throttle linkage to work with an auto. I would get headers too I like mine I just put on. But I have a lot of mods and it took a year to get them all. I could list them but they're obvious mods like custom exhaust and muffler etc...

Banned
    PUT SOME NAWZ ON IT AND A BIG WING WITH RACING STRIPES.

ADD A INTAKE AND THEN YOU CAN DRIVE 500MPH

Nate.

Vehicle
    2006 Honda Civic LX
    Yah im not really planning on doin a lot of mods to it. I'm gonna put an alarm in it tomorrow, mainly for the keyless entry. And I'm gonna put a little bit of a stereo in it too. maybe tint the windows. But thats probably gonna be about it. I got some nice hub caps for it lol. My friend gave em to me, he found them at the car wash he works at.

tim

Vehicle
    2000 ACCORD LX/ bro- 02 CIVIC EX
    PUT SOME BLUE HOSES IN THE ENGINE LIKE ME!!!!!! ADDS 20 HP!! and LET NATE (alien) GET HIS BUNNIES BACK MODERATORS!

Awaiting Activation
    Vehicle
    Virbius, my 1987 Honda Accord LX-i I got with no rust and only 92K miles!
    Congradulations!
    END OF LINE.

Vehicle
    2006 Honda Civic LX
    Let the problems begin... On the way to work today the hood flew up and bent the brackets up. That was fun. At least it didn't brake the windshield though. But one of the guys I work with has a hookup at an autobody shop, and they had a 3g there. So I got a hood for free . But its blue, but it came with those super cool LED washers :super: . Haha, Oh well, I guess I can't complain about a free hood huh...

tim

Vehicle
    CURRENTLY:2003 LC2 (Hyundai Accent Hatch) SOLD:86 carbed, 4 door LX (according to carfax.com)
    i can't believe someone put LED washers on a 3G hood. gawd... when will ppl realize that shit is for completely done up rides and ppl who love tickets...

but yeah congrats on your car. mind if i ask how much you paid?

Vehicle
    2006 Honda Civic LX
    I paid 1300 for it. And does anyone know where to get some new washer nozzles for it? I'm not feelin the chrome ones that are on that hood.

tim

Vehicle
    CURRENTLY:2003 LC2 (Hyundai Accent Hatch) SOLD:86 carbed, 4 door LX (according to carfax.com)
    omg and their chrome too??? that's one big steamy bowl of...

ummmm stuff

i had mine stolen... yeah the stocks... lol! I just went to the wrecker and paid a buck for the two... they're pretty easy to remove. just be careful not to break the tabs as they are the only thing that holds em on. if you want new i'm sure there's some online store that could sell em to ya but i've had no problem with the junker's specials i'm using...