Thread: egr

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 honda accord lxi

egr

alright I need a lil bit of help. I got the ecu codes for my 86 honda accord lxi and checked it last night. the ecu flashed 12 times and according to the list theres something wrong with the egr system. my question is would it only flash for the one thing and how would it flash if something else was wrong. i counted the flashes several times. My mechanic hooked it up and he said the t.p.s. was bad
    PLAY IT LOUD!!!!

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Your T.P.S. reports are bad? j/k I would say remove the emmissions stuff but you have a LX-i I see. I would talk to Jim, he's got a LX-i and he's a mod. So I'm sure he'd know.

Vehicle
    Previous: '89 Accord LXi hatch, '89 Accord LXi hatch, '86 Prelude Si
    The Helm manual agrees that 12 flashes means bad EGR system. Do you have any of the EGR related symptoms: stalling during and after warming up or a rough idle?

If your TPS was bad you would have 7 flashes and your idle would be high since your ECU would be running in fail-safe mode.
    Mike

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 honda accord lxi
    when the car is not idling erratically( up and down ) it does idle high. other than that idle seems to run pretty smooth
    PLAY IT LOUD!!!!

Vehicle
    Previous: '89 Accord LXi hatch, '89 Accord LXi hatch, '86 Prelude Si
    The mechanic might be right. The idle runs high when the TPS is bad.
    Mike

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    I have the same problem and honda said it was the egr one of Marcos are the same way they are both exi/lxi
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe
    hey my car idle's erratically( up and down ) but only when it is warming up -can last for about 3-4 mins- I also have a code 12- could someone help me
    mods-4th gen extreme kit-3rd 3en kaminar sides,matrix short ram air, ADR 17" rims- ACT stage 2 clutch- NGK 8mm wires- Denso irridium plugs-accell 5.25 tv-dvd- 3 blaupunkt over drive 12's with clarion power amps-and kenwood exceleon components- soon to be dc sports header

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 honda accord lxi
    joshua don't worry i'm still trying to figure it out to. i am in the process of replacing the sensors. first the ac idle , will take me awhile tho , money shortage.
    PLAY IT LOUD!!!!

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    http://www.parttrackers.com/library/1/93/95/

Look at HOTLINE HELP part. Hope this helps.

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 Lxi Hatch<-Blown Up!! 96 civic coupe
    Hey, replace you idle air control valve!!! My hatch did the same thing!!! The egr symptoms are a little diffrent!! I pulled my egr off and it just idles a little high when the PGMFI light is on!!! Its on the back of the intake with two coolant hoses going 2 it!!!
    Cold Air intake, Apexi N1 turbomuffler w/2.25 piping, H22 injectors,gutted cat, Dc sport header, accel coil, MSD ignition, Dropzone coilovers

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    make sure youre vacuum line is still there and not leaking, if its messed up itll give you a code...
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*