Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: REMOVING VACUUM LINES DISCUSSION

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    - llia

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    Absolutely no problem. Save as from this link: http://66.41.36.228/~mandla/intake.jpg. It's a little dark because it was cloudy/rainy today. I could snap another when the sun comes out, which might be Saturday.
    Last edited by mindlos; 03-31-2003 at 08:26 PM.

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    Forget the sun!! Since you will photoshop a little more brightness and contast brings out all the detail. Mind cleaning my valve cover while you are at it Mantis' picture is quite dark too.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    WHAAAAAAAT!

Mantis pics are always so bright with tones of glare... go back to his geocities site photo folder... the link is in accord pics... thats where I got the original from... but yeah I did darken it.

:lol
    - llia

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I was actually thinking of adding the word TURBO to the civic intake lid... but then I'd have to get rid of the filter and route some extra intake pipe... or at the very least crop it out of the photo.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    I might add weber to my weber intake

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    I got this one for you ... a friend saw it and called a super charger :lol ... and he was serious ... ya,

I'll agree that all those pics on geocities are overbright. I guess I dont blame you.

You know I've been wrecking my brain on what to put on that lid other than "mindlos" (I'm definitely not self centered). Since you got my gears turning again I figure "3geez" will work nicely until I find another one. Except I will have to make some ghetto decal or do some unimpressive painting.

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    Originally posted by 3g Jester
    how much did you pay at the j/y?
    I knew I was forgeting something. That was $25. They wouldnt take less. Then the pipe and filter was $59 at autozone.

DX User
    Vehicle
    '86 Accord LX
    I just finished reading the entire thread, and I tried my best to understand everything. If I follow ACCORD EX's exact directions in the how-to, how is my machine gonna run? With the manual secondary, is it gonna stumble around below 3000rpms? Will the timing be screwed up? Will the fuel pump be able to keep up? Or will the thing run like a baby, and give me a noticable increase in HP

BTW, the knowledge you guys have of this stuff is truly amazing Thanx for taking the time to share it
    James

'86 Accord LX 5spd > Bought for a hundred bucks.....Canadian. Leaks oil, has lots of rust, and is about 5 different shades of green.

Mods: True ram intake, K&N, vacuum line removal conversion, 14" aluminum wheels, $20 cd player, $20 speakers, dual barrel air horn.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    you mean if you follow my directions with help of A20A1 and POS carb, and Accord EX hosting.
    anyway, i am going to update the how to. so hold on. there will be changes.
    if you have questions, please ask Mike (A20A1), POS cab, or me.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    Originally posted by shepherd79
    you mean if you follow my directions with help of A20A1 and POS carb, and Accord EX hosting.
    was my name even mentioned in the how to !

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

DX User
    Vehicle
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500
    i'm not that good with carbed motors.... but i read that, vaccum line removals are only for carbed motors WITHOUT a choke? my motor has a choke, but i would like to remove my lines, so how do i do that? just remove the choke too?
    it's a bird! it's a plane! no it's...
    Supa Nam!

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    you can keep the choke...
    - llia

Vehicle
    97' Nissan 240SX
    Ah man, if only I didn't have the worries of emissions... those vacuum lines would be out so quickly.

Is it reversable? if so do I have to reinstall everything to pass emissions?

Vehicle
    88 LX / 97 Teg
    Originally posted by K DASH
    Ah man, if only I didn't have the worries of emissions... those vacuum lines would be out so quickly.

Is it reversable? if so do I have to reinstall everything to pass emissions?
    That's a good question for us Cali guys. Our smog laws suck.

Vehicle
    86 Accord Aerodeck EX 2.0
    i finally did the vacuum-mod. i't was kinda hard though, because i have a20a2 (euro) and the schematic were quite different than the one in the how-to. i broke the plastic 3-port vacuum adapter (?) that connects to the manifold....and since it was 7AM and was really boder, i somehow connected the vac. lines needed. but when i turned the key - voila! - it worked. i took it for a spin....this ruled ....like an extra 50hp under the hood. if anybody doubts if it's worth it - YES

( i kept the choke, mech. secondary)

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988,accord,sedan,lx
    is the "red line" past 6 in my first circle !Wow !

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord lx i
    well i know this is in the Carb Tech forum but oh well, i just wanted to know is there any removable "vacuum lines" in the EFI?
    ALL stereo, two 12'' Audiobahn natural sounds in a dual vented box hooked up to a 1600w legacy amp, AIWA cd deck, 2 Audiobahn 3-way 6x9's, 2 Pioneer 200w 3way 6.5's & 4 tweeters.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    i think you can remove 2-3 lines but that about it. you need every one of them to get 122hp.
    Alex.

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord DX
    Hey all you vac. line removing people!

What happened to your fuel economy after you removed all the lines?

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    If you want better fuel economy hook up the air jet controller.
    - llia

DX User
    Vehicle
    '86 Accord LX
    Well I did the conversion. I did A20A1's How To, keeping the choke and the vacuum secondary. It gave me a little bit more power, not very noticable. I'm not sure, it might be my fucked over exhaust, so I'll redo that. At least all that vacuum crap is out of the way. Thank you to the guys who made the How To.
    James

'86 Accord LX 5spd > Bought for a hundred bucks.....Canadian. Leaks oil, has lots of rust, and is about 5 different shades of green.

Mods: True ram intake, K&N, vacuum line removal conversion, 14" aluminum wheels, $20 cd player, $20 speakers, dual barrel air horn.

DX User
    Vehicle
    '86 Accord LX
    K, well It's time to do my ignition timing. I did a search on adjusting the timing, but the results were of no help since my advance diaphragms are hooked up to manifold vacuum full time now. How should I adjust my timing? I have a 20* on my flywheel, and there's 2 marks that are adjacent to the 20*. Yesterday, I adjusted it so that the pointer is at the 20, and I left the advance diaphragms hooked up. She was pingin like crazy though. Plz help me.
    James

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    When you disconnect the advance diagphram do you notice any drastic drop in rpms. If no then something is bad (like the diagphrams). It should have worked right if you set the 20* with the vacuum lines connected. Do you know what your timing was before you adjusted it?

DX User
    Vehicle
    '86 Accord LX
    No, I don't know what it was before I adjusted it. The rpms drop without the advance diaphragms hooked up, so they are working right? (I plugged the the vacuum lines when preforming this test)_
    James