Thread: fuel cutoff switch (as opposed to stater kill switch)

Vehicle
    '95 Supra, '08 CBR 600RR, '89 LX-i Coupe (R.I.P.), '88 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.), '87 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.)

fuel cutoff switch (as opposed to stater kill switch)

ok, i was wonderng which i shoul do. right now i don't have money for an alarm system, but to protect my car from theft(which i don't think is too likiely around here, but still), i was thinking i'll do a custom switch to turn the power to the fuel pump on/off. then i was thinking maybe i'll just cut the power to the main relay all together. so, i was wondering what you guys thought of this before i go and do it sometime. and i would do the ignition/starter kill switch, but i've read before and agree with it..., that with those kind of switches someone that is stealing your car knows what the problem is and looks for the switch. but with fuel cutoff, the car cranks but won't start.
    Greg

1989 LX-i 2dr 5spd (R.I.P.)

2008 CBR 600RR -- 1995 Toyota Supra NA -- 2013 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x

Vehicle
    2005 Civic LX Coupe
    In my opinion, the best way to prevent someone from starting your car without rigging a switch is to remove the ECU fuse. There is no way your engine will start without the "brain"

Vehicle
    1989 LXI Coupe Kswap, 1989 LXI Bswap
    its too easy to fina a missing ecu fuse. sometimes iremover the fuse and the ecu i my civic. its best to mke a switch that you can kill the powe to eiter your ecu or your fuel pump
    Style Quality Uniqueness And Design
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

http://www.facebook.com/squadengineering

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    You can use the car audio type circuit breakers that way you just flip a button and your good to go. This is a cheap way to prevent your car from being driven away. I have a bunch of security things to try to keep my car in one piece. If someone wants it they will get it but im not making it easy to take my hard earned money and the more time it takes to steal its more likely they will leave plus an alarm.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    I agree with bob, its easy, and if it gets fucked up its easy to rewire... No ecu no fuel. Good thinkin bob. Anyways the way they do it with alarm systems is put a relay in between the main relay and the fuel pump. It works like it should except when those stupid fucking relays go bad, then youre shit out of luck and need to find out whats wrong and jump the relay or some other trickery to get it to run. Its not worth bs-'n around with, ive had it happen to me on my old 4th gen its a total pisser, the relay went bad (it was controlled by an alarm). Anyways, what idiot thief is gonna bust into these cars and try to steal em, and on top of that how many of em are bright enough to locate the fuse panel (interior or under hood) and ascertain that the problem of their no-start condition is that the ecu has no fuse in it to power it, or yet to install the fuse with another?
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*