Thread: Driver's side manual window regulator 87 accord hatch - in search of....

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord DX Hatch

Driver's side manual window regulator 87 accord hatch - in search of....

I read on here loud and clear that these are not available anymore for typical parts order purchase - and a quick google search confirms this!

I am looking for the manual, driver's side regulator for a 1987 Honda accord hatchback DX.

I have recently been looking on Ebay - but nothing appears to be available.

Does anyone know of someone selling one of these by chance...maybe on this forum?

The one I currently have is stripped out - and the way it is pressed together at the gearing - I dont see how a fix is feasible.

Any insight on how to get this part would be greatly appreciated.

I am going to watch CL locally for a DX that is otherwise totalled and cheap, as I can drag them home and enjoy scavenging parts...but my first choice would be to just order one.

I am also going to keep an eye out via junk-yards in the local Portland, Oregon area.

Thanks in advance for any insight and wish me luck - this could be problematic.

I am really hoping I can keep this car on the road but with no AC and a drivers window that does not roll down - I might have to scrap, pull weber carb, and transition to an LX carbed model or something.

Thanks!

Help me keep this car on the road!!!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Accord DX 5speed. 86 Hatch LX-i 5speed

Re: Driver's side manual window regulator 87 accord hatch - in search of....

Join the club man. I've been contemplating getting a power regulator and trying to modify it to work as a manual or wiring it up and making my drivers window a power window. If you find more than one some where I would be eternally grateful.

DX User
    Vehicle

Yeah this is getting depressing. Hindsight I would have gone with a weber carb swap on an LX.

It's either gonna pop in a junkyard or it's really looking like I will have to buy a whole car on Craigslist that is in tough shape...drag it home...pull parts and this part...then drag what's left and sell for scrap.

I would do that but nothing has materialized just yet.

I did find one in local junkyard. I was there a month after placed in lot. It was pretty well picked over by that time and of course this coveted part was gone.

Something tells me Craigslist will be the one. We will see fortunately not my only wheels--but I sure miss it.

How long have you been looking? Good luck!!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Accord DX 5speed. 86 Hatch LX-i 5speed

Mine broke about 5-6 months ago and did an initial search and got nothing so kinda gave up during the winter. But now that summer is getting close I really want to get it fixed. I hope I find a part one way or another.

best of luck.

DX User
    Vehicle

I think I may be inching closer to success.

I found an 87 DX hatch on Craiglsist. It has 298xxx miles. I got it dirt cheap for not a car I was able to drive home....and the driver's side regulator is smooth!!!

So---before this goes to the graveyard....what other parts should I pull from this car I only pulled for parts?

Thanks!!!