Thread: can I use this hose to replace a coolant line?

DX User

can I use this hose to replace a coolant line?

Hey everyone, Ive found a leak in one of my cooling lines. this one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150728_114924.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	7562

However I think I got the wrong hose because the guy at the parts store thought I was retarded for even saying the word flex hose. its a thermoid service air station hose, it looks like it could work but I'm not sure. If not can anyone put me in the right direction for the proper hose to buy?

DX User

Re: can I use this hose to replace a coolant line?

Wow, turns out the leaking coolant line was already bypassed by previous owner, and they never took out the old piece.

Vehicle
    88 lxi

I had to replace that hard line in my car. I just grabbed the same type piece off a 4th gen accord at the junkyard. the air line doesnt match up, but the coolant line does. I just bent off the coolant lines on the leaky piece and tied the new piece to the old piece.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 LX-i coupe; 91 Accord LX sedan

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Speed Speeder View Post
    I had to replace that hard line in my car.
    By "hard line", do you mean the metal section? If that is what you mean, I had the same issue. I completely by-passed the short metal section of pipe with a long section of hose that replaced the two smaller pieces of hose that were connected to opposite ends of the metal section. I posted a photo of it here in the forum but I can't find that discussion now.
    1988 Accord LX-i 2-door coupe, 205K miles, updated 1/4/18.

Vehicle
    88 lxi

Quote Originally Posted by derolph View Post
    By "hard line", do you mean the metal section? If that is what you mean, I had the same issue. I completely by-passed the short metal section of pipe with a long section of hose that replaced the two smaller pieces of hose that were connected to opposite ends of the metal section. I posted a photo of it here in the forum but I can't find that discussion now.
    yeah, i was talking about the metal line. the section where the coolant flows that you cant bend by pinching it with two fingers; a.k.a. the metal line.

DX User

Quote Originally Posted by derolph View Post
    I saw your post, however when I went to replace mine i discovered that the previous owner already had but left the metal line in place cosmetically if that makes sense