Thread: Does anybode have B16A2 or B18C swap?

Vehicle
    Accord Aerodeck 2.0 EX 1986

Does anybode have B16A2 or B18C swap?

I think nobody in our board have this swap. I want to swap B18C, but works for installing this engine is really hard. I will need to buy front-end of Integra with dash board... Our gauges is not compatible with any new (90+) engine and i don't understand how you can swap engine to our car without swap front-end of Integra...

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    wickedaccord did this swap but a shop did some of the work. You wont need the newer dash board because the B16A1 cable will be used and it has the speed sensor like ours so the speedometer will be fine. All the rest is in the wiring and Placeracing seems to do that but its in the U.S. so you will have to ship your harness or both to them.

Oldschoolswap has a B16A1 swap in his car and has had it for some time but he just bought all the place racing stuff and did it all over since his other car was in an accident and he had custom mounts before.

Vehicle
    Yes, i know about B16A / A1 swap. It's old engines from 4th gen Civics, but my research in Russia about order engines give me result, what i can't order old engine, only 94+ available. And for newer engines i will need gauges...

Vehicle
    I still dont know why you would need the gauges unless the regulations in Russia make you. Wickedaccord has a 94 or newer B18C1 in his car (think it was actually a 95) but his has been fine and to my knowledge he has his stock cluster. I would try to PM him cause he was great about answering my questions and he is the only one that i know has the swap done and running strong.

Vehicle
    With regulations in Russia, i need only speedometer - and it's not problem, i can connect my APEXi Rev/Speed Meter for tach and speed data. But i need (for myself) indications of work engine, like temperature, check engine lamp, fuel etc.

Vehicle
    Your old cluster will be fine if the wiring is done correctly. So you dont have to change clusters at all.

speedo cable will hook up fine. as for the whole front clip off an integra.. that's a no no. u dont need the whole front clip. the only thing u really have to worry about is the distributor. i used a first gen b16 distributor with a type r rotor inside the distributor. as for the a20 being cable tranny.. i used the first gen b16. as for rpm.. my friend rewired it to b16 harnesses to fit a b16 distributor to get the stock tach working properly. the reason y im using the b16 distributor instead of the gsr is due to the OBD2 of the GSR. my gsr motor is a 1999 GSR motor. as for temperature, fuel, and check engine.. it's all the same IF u r using the first gen b16 ecu. that is y im also using a first gen b16 PR3 ecu. now if u want to use the gsr.. it's gonna be more complicated. becuz u have 2 options.. splicing the stock a20 harness off.. then rewiring to a GSR ecu harness. OR, u can swith the wires on the stock a20 harness around so it's compatible with the b16 ecu.. then u pigtail to obd1 to fit the GSR P72 ecu. sorry if this is confusing, but that's y i had a shop do the ecu wiring. everything else, my friend an i did. the air temperature sensor, knock sensor, and crank position sensor is easy. all that stuff my friend an i did. so it's really up to u, how u want to run ur motor set up. jus PM me whenever u need help. late

jon
    benson\'s 2.0 resleeved GSR block, PnP b16 head/multi angle valve job, ctr cams, hondata i/m gasket, str 68mm t/b, skunk springs/retainers, hondata s200b p30 ecu, LSD cable tranny, full race stage3 GT turbo kit (GT35R) custom 3 inch exhaust
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    88 Hybrid Accord LX-i
    Wiked is right.
    You can get what ever year motor you want.... 94 and up, but the easiest way you can run that motor is by converting it to "pre OBD" specs.

You will need the following parts in order for your motor to run properly without any major harness and other harware mods:

-1st gen B16 cable tranny (94 & up has hydro "mission")
    -1st gen B16 O2 sensors (you'll need 2)
    -1st gen B16 vtec selenoid (milky white plug)
    -1st gen B16 Distributor (the one with milky white round connectors)
    -PR3 or PW0 ecu (wich is our same generation ecu's) a few pins have to be rerouted but no big deal. If you get a newer ecu, you will need a pigtale that converts to your ecu's generation and hell will begin!
    -I will also strongly recommend PlaceRacing's harness to siplify wiring issues.
    -Your injectors should be fine "compatible" that is with the pre OBD set up.

I can't think of anything else except PlaceRacing mounts.
    http://vtecnos.tripod.com

Member Since 7-9-01

Vehicle
    Thanks, guys!
    Now i trying to take prices for it in Russia.

Vehicle
    05 G6 for now
    what about axles and stuuf does that all fit or do you need to change those too.I'm new to this. but heres my question if you have all the stock harnneses to the motor and ecu why do you need the older computers? coulden't you just pull all the stuff out of the old car and put it in to the new car? or am i just making no sence at all???