Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bushing kit

bushing kit

anyone know of any suspension company that makes a complete bushing kit for the 89 accord?? if so, please post websites or give the company name and part number. unfortunately i tore all my bushing's in the front and need newer stronger ones. seems energy suspension doesnt make it nor does prothane. i would really appreciate the help. thanks

jon

LXi User
    Vehicle
    87 LXi Hatch (5-speed)

question from a nuubee

what exactly do bushing kits do? do they stiffen up the steering response? or just stiffen the suspension in general?

thanks for all your help

they stiffin up the chassis for body roll. it also helps ur launch
    benson\'s 2.0 resleeved GSR block, PnP b16 head/multi angle valve job, ctr cams, hondata i/m gasket, str 68mm t/b, skunk springs/retainers, hondata s200b p30 ecu, LSD cable tranny, full race stage3 GT turbo kit (GT35R) custom 3 inch exhaust
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    There is no one. Replace w/ OEM, and stop launching so hard :P
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    if you want a real tight chassis... dont use bushings on the swaybars... go to a machine shop and get the bushings duplicated in aluminum... they it will be real tight... that what my dads Trans Am G-MACHINE has... the car is sooooooo stiff... 1 inch thick coils on the front too!
    Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Nobody makes the kit your hoping for. Some members have managed to figure out what bushings to order for the sway bars. I've heard about using certain years of civic sway bar bushings. For any other bushing, it's going to be very difficult to say the least. How would I go about it? I'd order the bushings I wanted to replace from honda. Then I'd send them to energy or prothane and ask them to match up a urathane equivilent. Ya that can get expensive, but it would take any guess workout of getting the right part. Plus is they don't have a urathane matching part, you already own a new stock replacement.

This is definately a area where other cars show better aftermarket support, tegs are a excellent example.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    87 LXi Hatch (5-speed)
    do bushings wear out or are they meant to last for life? Im asking because i want more response and less body role. would it do me any good if i just got some oem replacements?

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by 1987HondaAccord
    do bushings wear out or are they meant to last for life? Im asking because i want more response and less body role. would it do me any good if i just got some oem replacements?
    Yes bushings can and do wear out, given the age of our cars it should kinda be exspected. Stiffer bushings will improve responce, but will never give you less body roll. For less body roll you need to increase your roll stiffness. Stiffer springs and stiffer (thicker) sway bars are the way to have less body roll.

If would help your ride if the original bushing are no longer able to do their job. Getting new one's that do what their surposed to, would be a improvement.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    '89 Accord LXi Coupe w/Sunroof
    hey wicked maybe we can get a deal from energy by buying 2 instead. your clutch has fucked my bushings all up. Damn you i think that they will drop the price on making 2 pair of custom bushing instead of just one. know what im saying. talk to me before you start buying any bushings maybe we can get a deal somewhere.
    ACT Stage 1, Short Ram Intake & 2.25 Dynomax custom catback w/4inch carbon fiber tip. Thats it for now.

Putting the paint back on after

SOMEONE STOLE MY PAINT!!!!!

Vehicle
    89' LX-i coupe, 09 Mazda 3I
    hey wicked maybe we can get a deal from energy by buying 2 instead. your clutch has fucked my bushings all up. Damn you i think that they will drop the price on making 2 pair of custom bushing instead of just one. know what im saying. talk to me before you start buying any bushings maybe we can get a deal somewhere.
    If you get a deal Im in to lower it more

LXi User
    Vehicle
    87 LXi Hatch (5-speed)
    if you get them to do it, it would be great to get a group buy. If I have the money i would be in. this sounds good, and somewhat hopeful.

let me see wat i can do. i have another friend who owns another shop and he said if i cant find anyone to make it.. he has a box full of bushing kits from various cars and he'll jus use which ever one fits for my front and back bushings. ill keep u guys updated. maybe he'll seperate it and sell it for cheap. cuz i know they do go for 120 for the whole kit. it's the installation that will cost u. thanks for the info by the way, i appreciate it.

jon
    benson\'s 2.0 resleeved GSR block, PnP b16 head/multi angle valve job, ctr cams, hondata i/m gasket, str 68mm t/b, skunk springs/retainers, hondata s200b p30 ecu, LSD cable tranny, full race stage3 GT turbo kit (GT35R) custom 3 inch exhaust
    www.full-race.com

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by wickedaccord
    let me see wat i can do. i have another friend who owns another shop and he said if i cant find anyone to make it.. he has a box full of bushing kits from various cars and he'll jus use which ever one fits for my front and back bushings. ill keep u guys updated. maybe he'll seperate it and sell it for cheap. cuz i know they do go for 120 for the whole kit. it's the installation that will cost u. thanks for the info by the way, i appreciate it.

jon
    cool cuz im getting sick and tired of shaking my car to peices. :lol and it just a stage 1 i have. i cant imagin what kind of damage your stage 3 is doin (well i guess i can i rode in it)
    ACT Stage 1, Short Ram Intake & 2.25 Dynomax custom catback w/4inch carbon fiber tip. Thats it for now.

DX User
    count me in for a set!! i'm down for a group buy

i dont know if he can get the complete bushing kit.. let me see wat he can do for me first. when it's all done.. ill let u guys know how much it'll cost from my friend. he'll put watever fits in a box and mail it out to whomever wants it. i doubt ill get all the proper bushings. pretty much the main ones i hope.. the upper and lower arms. the radius arms also. im sure he'll hook it up. late

jon
    www.full-race.com

SEi User
    Vehicle
    i dont know if he can get the complete bushing kit.. let me see wat he can do for me first. when it's all done.. ill let u guys know how much it'll cost from my friend. he'll put watever fits in a box and mail it out to whomever wants it. i doubt ill get all the proper bushings. pretty much the main ones i hope.. the upper and lower arms. the radius arms also. im sure he'll hook it up. late

jon
    dude if you can get me just the radius arm bushing and swap them with me at the march 15th meet that would be sweet. i really dont need a full set just the radius arms. ide send you the money or id pay you at the meet. either or. you know im good for it. see what you can do. cuz the stock ones i know will blow out after a while you know.

the radius arms r very easy. our 3rd gen accord is compatible with the 4th gen radius arm bushings. i recently had to change mine and i got it from a 91 accord. fits fine, jus to let u know about the radius arm part. but yea.. let me see wat i can do joel. i havent talked with the guy yet becuz of school. but i will tomorrow. late

jon
    www.full-race.com

spoke to my friend.. and he said he'll make it available. BUT, do not get ur hopes high. becuz my car will be a test car. we will see exactly how many bushings will be available and i will let those of u who want it, know how much it'll cost. most likely the kit will consist of CRX bushings and 4th gen accord bushings. will keep u guys updated. late

jon
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    97 Dodge Neon
    count me in if the price is right,

some of u guys will be like.. WTF!!! and some will be like HOLLY SH!T!!!! but energy suspension finally got back with me. apparently they want atleast 200 orders and then they'll custom make it for the 3geez accords. i seriously doubt we'll be able to get 200 orders for them.... but im still goin to get my car done tuesday at my friends shop. so ill post again. late

jon
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R
    At what prices??
    -=PROJECT-=-

NOTE: Project-R Swap parts provided by Racing Impulse. Swap was Performed by RacingImpulse & Next Wave Auto Performance.

B-Series Wants You

Vehicle
    At what prices??
    -=PROJECT-=-

NOTE: Project-R Swap parts provided by Racing Impulse. Swap was Performed by RacingImpulse & Next Wave Auto Performance.

B-Series Wants You

i dont even want to email them back about the 200 orders. becuz like i said, i seriously! doubt we can even get that much ppl to contribute. not only that, that means all the moderators have to contribute to this and all those who like to race should also becuz it'll help them jus as much as it would help me. hole shots count and u dont want to spin out. im only saying this about contributing becuz it's 200 ppl.. not 10 not 20.. 200 smacker-roo's!their kit for a 4th gen accord is like 120 dollars. so it cant be that much more or less.

jon
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    Damm! Too bad, dats something that helps out..Good Luck~~
    -=PROJECT-=-

B-Series Wants You

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    i dont even want to email them back about the 200 orders. becuz like i said, i seriously! doubt we can even get that much ppl to contribute. not only that, that means all the moderators have to contribute to this and all those who like to race should also becuz it'll help them jus as much as it would help me. hole shots count and u dont want to spin out. im only saying this about contributing becuz it's 200 ppl.. not 10 not 20.. 200 smacker-roo's!their kit for a 4th gen accord is like 120 dollars. so it cant be that much more or less.

jon
    Say what what prevent's them from simply raiding their suppies of bushings that already exist? I'd like to know what bushings would factually have to be custom made by them. If you ask me they picked a number that guaranteed that we'd go away and leave them alone. Frankly if bushing kits did not exitist for the teg, you wouldn't be able to go to say honda-acura net and get 200 orders either in the integra forum, 200 is just not realistic, that's why I suspect it's a number to get rid of us. I'm all for the idea, to bad they do't seam to want the business a whole bunch. You've got my respect wicked, for trying and thank you as well.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d