Thread: 2nd gen prelude

Vehicle
    2003 Infiniti G35 sedan

2nd gen prelude

hey i was wonderin what kinda motor in a 2nd gen prelude cuzz i talked to this one guy and he told me that that motor had around 150 hp and 200lb/ft torque

Vehicle
    1991 Eclipse GSX AWD TURBO
    Dude, that guy you were talking to was talking trash!!!!!
    the 2nd gen ludes have about 98 to 115 HP and maybe 111 Torque STOCK**. I think it is an A18A3 motor in them. Even the 3rd gen ludes have only 104 to 140 HP and 111 to 135 torque... **Unless that guy did a bunch of mods to his 2nd gen lude it doesn't have those numbers...

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock!
    [email protected] Englishtown, 4/24/04
    2005 It's 12's or bust!! All BOOST all the time!

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    The only motor i have seen with that kind of torque is the Jap Spec 2.2 liter accord but the later model with the Blue valve cover i believe. Torque is one of hondas weak sides so that guy doesnt know what he was talking about. The B20A has just under 140 ft/lb of torque which is on the high side for a honda and that is as close you will find in a prelude.

Vehicle
    2003 Infiniti G35 sedan
    thats what i said....I was like you sure dude, he was like thats what the book says....He was about to buy a 2nd gen prelude.....I didnt ask him what series that engine was

LX User
    Vehicle
    '89 Prelude Si 4WS
    2g ludes are stupidly underpowered by todays standard... and sadly, the Si model only had 10 hp more than the carby version...

i think the only factory motor that gets great power for the 2g is the b20a you guys covet so much and that us 3g luders want instead of the weaker b20a we get...
    http://www.merlindavis.com

Banned
    Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord Lxi
    i thought some of the 87 or 88 prelude si's had like 130 hp stock i dunno... i may be wrong about the year. the only reason hondas suck for torque is cuz they are such small engines... look at the h22s they aint low on torque at all they are badass but they aint a 1.6 or 1.8 liter either. I was thinking of buyin a 92 or so accord (whichever years have the 2.2l engine) and puttin a h22 in it. would this be a very difficult swap or what, cuz the engine still sits the wrong way huh?

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    That guy was full of it. Doesn't everyone exagerate a little bit when talking trash? Well I'm going to cut a hole for my hoodscoop now. Finally starting on it.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    the 4th gen accord, 90-93 came with the f22. 2.2L 130hp and 140 ft-lbs.

the 5th came with a f23.

Vehicle
    88 accord ex-i, 88 prelude Si
    The H22A is a bolt-in for a 90-93 accord (and newer models I believe too).
    Now:
    -1988 Honda Prelude custom
    -1988 Honda Accord (to be fixed and sold)
    Soon:
    -some big 4x4 truck
    -91 Acura NSX
    http://www.hatetofeelband.com

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    yep, i dont know about the direct bolt in for the H22 in the engine mounts for the F23, but i guess a H23 would work. Right?

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1986 prelude
    hey i know our ludes only had 111 hp and 114 pounds of torque but our transmissons are the bomb that transimisson was made for racing not the accord transmisson thats just a high class car not a racing car 2g ludes 4 life
    rhd restoration 2nd gen prelude

Vehicle
    2003 Infiniti G35 sedan
    so would a second gen prelude transmission fit in a 3rd gen accord??????

Vehicle
    There was a thread somewhere but yes it does. The gear ratios are good and all but they suck for highway driving cause your RPM's are much higher. Steve had one in his accord but we just pulled the whole motor to make room for his Lsvtec conversion.

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R
    I thought Steve was using a B18A ? or he using something else?
    -=PROJECT-=-

NOTE: Project-R Swap parts provided by Racing Impulse. Swap was Performed by RacingImpulse & Next Wave Auto Performance.

B-Series Wants You

Vehicle
    Shit double posted!! What happened to the 60 sec wait time?
    -=PROJECT-=-

NOTE: Project-R Swap parts provided by Racing Impulse. Swap was Performed by RacingImpulse & Next Wave Auto Performance.

B-Series Wants You

Banned
    Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord Lxi
    thats badass im gonna buy a 92 accord and put a h22 in that baby. i think it will have to be my gf's car though unless i make her trade.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    buying a 4th gen just for the swap is a waste, u would be happier with just the lude itself. BUt if u wanna be cool and have a lotta money, well what the heck

Vehicle
    NAw Ludes' are too heavy!! PPl rather have the engine! (H22) It's a nice car!! But I hardly see ppl race that car!! < More show than for go!! But'it's a great engine! But I rather Have the JDM TYPE R..
    -=PROJECT-=-

B-Series Wants You

Vehicle
    Me and my friend just finished his JDM H22 in his 92 Prelude and its real strong and thats just under normal driving cause he has to break in the clutch. I will say its a pain in the ass even in a car that was available from the factory with the h22. Its a very very tight fit and you only have a few inches of clearance in the rear and a few in the front. It took us about a half hour to bleed the hydrolic clutch cause the bleeder valve is right up against the fan and you cant pull his fan w/o pulling the radiator and i wasnt about to do that after we just filled it all back up. We still have to do some things like timing and he's waiting for his pulleys that are on back order so we put his 2.3 main pulley on just to get it running for now. Definatly a nice motor but i dont think it would make a pratical swap and will be a nightmare working on it. Another thing is the tranny tucks under the passenger side as of our accords can be pulled straight out.