Thread: 88 accord lx build

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 accord lx

88 accord lx build

So I have a 88 accord lx that I am not liking the carb cold weather sucks so I had a idea to put a b20z in it and swap to efi . Here is my idea , get a stand alone engine harness with its own fuse box to run the b20z that way I don't have to connect it to the cars chassis harness and get a fuel cell and run custom fuel lines to the engine and back to the fuel cell for return . I will be using a cable trans so the speedo should still work , and just hard wire in the coolant gauge and tach . This way I don't have to swap out the inside harness and gas tank . What you guys think ?

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

Re: 88 accord lx build

not a bad idea. just be sure to get the mounts and crap right. idk much about the swap myself.

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: 88 accord lx build

Quote Originally Posted by JEFF9922 View Post
    So I have a 88 accord lx that I am not liking the carb cold weather sucks so I had a idea to put a b20z in it and swap to efi . Here is my idea , get a stand alone engine harness with its own fuse box to run the b20z that way I don't have to connect it to the cars chassis harness and get a fuel cell and run custom fuel lines to the engine and back to the fuel cell for return . I will be using a cable trans so the speedo should still work , and just hard wire in the coolant gauge and tach . This way I don't have to swap out the inside harness and gas tank . What you guys think ?
    Holley 550-200 Avenger TBI System | Ships Free at HolleyInjection.Com | 2-BBL EFI Kit 670 CFM (Up To 275 HP)

There some of these self learning EFI deals that are nice replacement for carbs. Dont see as much for a 2 barrel set up as you see for 4 barrels. Just something to think about if your just looking for EFI.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!